Lumia 1520.3 w/ AWS, 700Mhz and QI

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Nice.

I'll be cutting my SIM down to nano size. I ran into this issue before not getting my unlocked phone recognized (Nokia 808).

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
What makes you think they sold returned items as new?

Anyway, it was probably me who snagged the last white one. I ordered it just a few hours ago. Negri let me down by taking my order for a In-Stock yellow one that they turned around two days later saying that it was backordered instead.

Purely speculation on my part based on only getting stock in of white (with the rest remaining out of stock), and in such limited quantities. That doesn't necessarily imply that anything is wrong with the phone. I read somewhere on these forums that some people may have ordered white (wanting yellow), but then Newegg got yellow in stock so they either sent the white units they ordered back or refused to sign for them.

I'm a bit conflicted between yellow and white myself, but am leaning towards yellow. I may just be a little bored of this yellow 920 I've had for a year and a half.

Enjoy yours, and let us know how everything goes with it!

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I wanted the yellow badly but had to settle for white. I really hope it's as satisfying as people say.

On the bright side, now I don't have to agonize over what color case since white goes with everything.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I wanted the yellow badly but had to settle for white. I really hope it's as satisfying as people say.

On the bright side, now I don't have to agonize over what color case since white goes with everything.

Definitely one big reason why I considered white... the cases. Knowing me though, I'll probably go without a case the majority of the time, and when I do... it'll probably something solid like orange or lime green, both of which look fine on a yellow phone.

Not sure if you've looked for cases yet, but Headcase seems to make some really cool ones: Head Case Designs Halftones Hard Back Case Cover for Nokia Lumia 1520 | eBay

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Those are pretty nice and minimalistic. I still haven't found *the* case yet for the 1520. The Nillkin Super Matte cases are the closest to something I'd buy right now.

Rhoyz

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded my 1520.3 (black) to 8.1 . So far so good. I was a bit paranoid that I made sure that all apps and system apps (access point, glance, etc.) are updated and numerous reboots was done before downloading the 8.1 update. I also made sure that Nokia Camera app are updated and the camera (front and back) are working before and after the update.

lsquare

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I'd hope so, but considering their official return policy states that if you have a defective item that can't be returned, they exchange it for a refurbished version of the same item, nothing would really surprise me.

Are you saying this is Newegg's policy?

lsquare

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
This is a very big thread and I don't have the time to go through every single posts. Can someone tell me if there is carrier branding in the device? Any pre-installed carrier applications? Or this is like how unlocked Nokia phones are sold in Asia (no carrier branding and no carrier apps pre-installed).

I know Newegg said it'll work with all US LTE bands, but does that mean it'll work on Verizon as well? Does anyone here know exactly which LTE bands the 1520 support?

teranceo

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
This is a very big thread and I don't have the time to go through every single posts. Can someone tell me if there is carrier branding in the device? Any pre-installed carrier applications? Or this is like how unlocked Nokia phones are sold in Asia (no carrier branding and no carrier apps pre-installed).

I know Newegg said it'll work with all US LTE bands, but does that mean it'll work on Verizon as well? Does anyone here know exactly which LTE bands the 1520 support?

It isn't carrier branded at all.

Booston

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
It really only takes maybe 5-10 minutes to read this thread to answer all these questions. But, I understand 😊

Has 1 year Nokia warranty

30 day Newegg warranty

No branding - Latin American Variant

Works for T-Mobile and AT&T
Verizon don't know? Someone else will have to answer.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
No doesn't work with Verizon

Works 100% on At&t and Tmobile just like a carrier phone. Full bands!

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk