Lumia 1520.3 w/ AWS, 700Mhz and QI

panchovx

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Called them, all they did was reset my voicemail, as far as visible changes. Hopefully the next version of access point fixes it or Lumia Cyan

The poster you quoted also called as mentioned in the quoted post.
Have you tried go to settings and tap onto cellphone (or network) + sim option and set in sim setting the maximum connection speed to 4g?

Tephra

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Call AT&T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried calling and they weren't much help. They told me that some phones just don't work with LTE, even after I told them it had the necessary bands to work with it and that others with the exact same phone and model were getting LTE. The exact quote I got was "As for the 4G and LTE service.. since it is not an AT&T branded device, it is not guaranteed to work on our network."

Called them, all they did was reset my voicemail, as far as visible changes. Hopefully the next version of access point fixes it or Lumia Cyan

The poster you quoted also called as mentioned in the quoted post.

Are you having the same issue? Did the resetting of the voicemall fix it? Because after reading this I just realized my Voicemail is not set up correctly either. I got the voicemail fixed now and it doesn't look like it has been fixed.

Have you tried go to settings and tap onto cellphone (or network) + sim option and set in sim setting the maximum connection speed to 4g?

Yes, I went there and checked and the setting is set to 4G and I even tried changing the network to "AT&T 4G, 3G, 2G" from "Automatic", but that didn't work either.

Last edited:

panchovx

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
In my country in south America you need to get a new Sim card to get lte service. I don't know if it your case, or you have limitations in your data plan.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Follow the directions stated earlier in this thread. It has to do with them thinking your device is a track phone instead of a 1520

Sent from my iPhone using WPCentral Forums

Tephra

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Ok, so I might be missing something, but all I am seeing is that people are saying ATT either has there IMEI as a trackfone or there IMEI is not being recognized. I am not seeing in this thread how they got it fixed or what they exactly did. I have just read the entire thread again so hopefully I didn't miss it, but if someone can explain to me the steps to get this fixed I would very much appreciate it!

JOHN Smith88

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Please update the thread once you get yours from B&H as if I am going to spend that much money want to make sure it has Nokia warranty .

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Not a bad backup device huh? I'm on a 920 as well. It's been superb.

Its definitely a great device and I'll be using it all week on my business trip. Definitely a different feel from my 1520.

B&H Photo Video Digital Cameras, Photography, Camcorders

I believe the member's name that posted that this site had the RM-938 is fawzib. Would have ordered from Newegg (maybe Negri) if they had the white and yellow back in stock by now.
Yep, saw the same post, so I now have an order for the yellow through B&H! Have the yellow still with Negri on order, but will cancel as 1, its cheaper through B&H. 2, I'm tired of screwing with Negri. When I ordered it, the yellow showed in stock and only when it didn't ship on late Monday (ordered it on Friday) did they tell me it was actually backordered. First they told me it should be in this Tues/Wednesday. Talked to them Thursday and it was now 1-2 weeks. They at least upgraded shipping to 2 day, but who cares at this point. I just want someone to actually get it to me. lol

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Its definitely a great device and I'll be using it all week on my business trip. Definitely a different feel from my 1520.

Yep, saw the same post, so I now have an order for the yellow through B&H! Have the yellow still with Negri on order, but will cancel as 1, its cheaper through B&H. 2, I'm tired of screwing with Negri. When I ordered it, the yellow showed in stock and only when it didn't ship on late Monday (ordered it on Friday) did they tell me it was actually backordered. First they told me it should be in this Tues/Wednesday. Talked to them Thursday and it was now 1-2 weeks. They at least upgraded shipping to 2 day, but who cares at this point. I just want someone to actually get it to me. lol

I hope we get our 1520s from B&H quickly. When did you order? I noticed last night that it said "usually ships in 7-10 days" with a "notify when in stock" link next to the yellow and white ones. It said "in stock" when I ordered mine earlier in the day though.

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I stopped by an AT&T store today to play with a (non-unicorn) 1520. I SO want this phone! I had a T-Mobile G1 the week they came out, and several Android phones since then, but I'm ready for a change of pace. I just hope NewEgg still has them in stock when they get my credit account straightened out.

Tephra

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
For those that may have had the same issue as I was getting (No LTE), the only way the Tech was able to get it fixed was to change the IMEI to a 1020. I am guessing that any ATT LTE IMEI would work. Thank you all!

As a side note the phone is awesome! I am really glad I found this thread.

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
A question--what are the prospects for getting firmware/OS updates on this phone? Does the Windows ecosystem include the ability for unlocked phones to manually update?

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I hope we get our 1520s from B&H quickly. When did you order? I noticed last night that it said "usually ships in 7-10 days" with a "notify when in stock" link next to the yellow and white ones. It said "in stock" when I ordered mine earlier in the day though.

I ordered Saturday. I was going to order Friday, but saw the white as "In Stock", so I tried calling them to see if they had a better estimate on the yellows coming in than shipping in 7-10 days. But, waited on ordering white just to try and give them a call today and ask on the estimated time for a yellow. I'm hoping they get the yellow here this week. I had yellow from ATT, went to white and now I'm wanting yellow again in this rm-938. lol

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I ordered Saturday. I was going to order Friday, but saw the white as "In Stock", so I tried calling them to see if they had a better estimate on the yellows coming in than shipping in 7-10 days. But, waited on ordering white just to try and give them a call today and ask on the estimated time for a yellow. I'm hoping they get the yellow here this week. I had yellow from ATT, went to white and now I'm wanting yellow again in this rm-938. lol

Lol well I hope they get some yellows in for you soon. It looks like mine was dispatched today. They had to call and verify the order I made for my mother, which is delaying dispatch of that one for a day. Understandable though and I appreciate them making sure. Verification was quick.

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Lol well I hope they get some yellows in for you soon. It looks like mine was dispatched today. They had to call and verify the order I made for my mother, which is delaying dispatch of that one for a day. Understandable though and I appreciate them making sure. Verification was quick.
Looks like B&H made good on my order. It shipped and I have a tracking number.

RM-938 should be written on the box right?

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Looks like B&H made good on my order. It shipped and I have a tracking number.

RM-938 should be written on the box right?

Awesome, they're shipping you a yellow one?

Not sure if RM-938 is written on the box (would think so) but 1520.3 definitely should be. I remember seeing that in unboxing photos of the RM-938.

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site

Nice they shipped it on a Sunday. Is it the yellow or white coming to you? Know you ordered both, but didn't know which was going to your mother. : )

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Awesome, they're shipping you a yellow one?

Not sure if RM-938 is written on the box (would think so) but 1520.3 definitely should be. I remember seeing that in unboxing photos of the RM-938.

No. I ordered the white one. Pleasantly surprised to see a "shipped" email on a Sunday.