Lumia 1520.3 w/ AWS, 700Mhz and QI

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
A question--what are the prospects for getting firmware/OS updates on this phone? Does the Windows ecosystem include the ability for unlocked phones to manually update?

You'll get all updates pretty much as soon as available from Microsoft/Nokia and before any carrier locked phone.

No. I ordered the white one. Pleasantly surprised to see a "shipped" email on a Sunday.

Good deal, that must mean they may have a few in stock. Maybe I'll call them up tomorrow and change it up if they have white immediately available.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Nice they shipped it on a Sunday. Is it the yellow or white coming to you? Know you ordered both, but didn't know which was going to your mother. : )

The yellow has been dispatched to me :). Still pending shipping on the white, though it said "In stock, order sent to warehouse" on the Track Order page.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
No. I ordered the white one. Pleasantly surprised to see a "shipped" email on a Sunday.

Nice. I think the white one I ordered would have been dispatched today as well were it not for the verification they had to make. I think that delayed shipping by a day unfortunately. But after verification the order status went from "New, processing" to "In stock, order sent to warehouse." Hoping they indeed hung onto one they plan to ship tomorrow when they decided to verify.

UPS has shipment of the yellow one scheduled for Wednesday. Gonna try it on T-Mobile for a month... if I don't like the coverage, I'll switch to AIO. Ah, the freedom of unlocked and contract-free! :)

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
The yellow has been dispatched to me :). Still pending shipping on the white, though it said "In stock, order sent to warehouse" on the Track Order page.

Woo, so you have a yellow showing shipped even though they said usually ships in 7-10 days? Also, did you pay for faster shaping and its getting there by Wednesday? Or is that with their free shipping? Hoping mine gets shipped tomorrow...... maybe!! Lol

Last edited:

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Woo, so you have a yellow showing shipped even though they said usually ships in 7-10 days? Also, did you pay for faster shaping and its getting there by Wednesday? Or is that with their free shipping? Hoping mine gets shipped tomorrow...... maybe!! Lol

No, it said "In Stock" when I made my order on Friday around noon Eastern time. It wasn't until Saturday or late Friday that I noticed "ships in 7 - 10 days." If it said that when I went to order, I would not have ordered it to be honest. I would have just kept checking BH, Negri, and Newegg for whoever gets stock in first.

I did the free, standard shipping. They're shipping from NY and I'm in northern VA, so it's not worth paying for shipping to get it about a day sooner. Like mister2d said, probably not worth upgrading shipping at all if you're on the east coast.

Last edited:

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
No, it said "In Stock" when I made my order on Friday around noon Eastern time. It wasn't until Saturday or late Friday that I noticed "ships in 7 - 10 days." If it said that when I went to order, I would not have ordered it to be honest. I would have just kept checking BH, Negri, and Newegg for whoever gets stock in first.

I did the free, standard shipping. They're shipping from NY and I'm in northern VA, so it's not worth paying for shipping to get it about a day sooner. Like mister2d said, probably not worth upgrading shipping at all if you're on the east coast.

Yeah, I talked to BH today and they did some research. They did have a few in white on Friday, hence you're order going out. I also asked them about yellow today and they said they'd contact their manufacturer to get some firmer details. Just got the email from them and they said their supplier won't have yellow in until MID-JUNE!! That's far past the expected 7-10 days, so I'm probably going to cancel my order with BH and just keep up with the order I have through Negri as they at least swear that it should be 1-2 weeks when they get more in.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I talked to BH today and they did some research. They did have a few in white on Friday, hence you're order going out. I also asked them about yellow today and they said they'd contact their manufacturer to get some firmer details. Just got the email from them and they said their supplier won't have yellow in until MID-JUNE!! That's far past the expected 7-10 days, so I'm probably going to cancel my order with BH and just keep up with the order I have through Negri as they at least swear that it should be 1-2 weeks when they get more in.

Sorry man! Did they say when they'll have more white ones in? Mid-June sounds strange... unless they're trying to correct some kind of defect first before producing more. It also could be because they need their factories' resources dedicated to demand for other variants of the device, be they the RM-940, RM-937, or even the rumored green and orange variants.

I guess mister2d and I lucked out. Well, I'll confirm I've "lucked out" once I've received them and have no defects lol. Honestly, I think someone will have them in stock well before mid-June. I really hate being tied down to one merchant or another. I personally would rather cancel all orders while I still can and just wait til I see that one of them has some in stock. These merchants' respective inventories seem to all be updated in real time on their websites.

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Sorry man! Did they say when they'll have more white ones in? Mid-June sounds strange... unless they're trying to correct some kind of defect first before producing more. It also could be because they need their factories' resources dedicated to demand for other variants of the device, be they the RM-940, RM-937, or even the rumored green and orange variants.

I guess mister2d and I lucked out. Well, I'll confirm I've "lucked out" once I've received them and have no defects lol. Honestly, I think someone will have them in stock well before mid-June. I really hate being tied down to one merchant or another. I personally would rather cancel all orders while I still can and just wait til I see that one of them has some in stock. These merchants' respective inventories seem to all be updated in real time on their websites.

Yeah, it definitely sucks! I emailed back to ask about white and I'm waiting to hear back. Thinking I may just do like you said, cancel my order from both and wait until it actually shows in stock. I didn't want to cancel from Negri as they've at least taken 20 off and upgraded my shipping to two day for free due to the misinformation on availability. It'll probably be a nightmare to get them to still honor free two day if I cancel the order... maybe.

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Damn. Now the black one is out of stock at NewEgg. I had one in my shopping cart but their software glitch prevented the sale.
:-(

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums