Lumia 1520.3 w/ AWS, 700Mhz and QI

ezeuzo1

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
So...anyone every heard of light-kenltd.com? Seems like they are originally based in England but have branches is the US. They have the 1520.3 for $549.81, cheaper than negri or newegg. Want to buy it but I have trust issues. Ever heard of them?

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm not saying its not legit either, but how did you even find it? I did a quick search of the name and the only result I get is their website. No reviews, nothing. That usually points to unsafe to do business with..maybe. Lol

However, I should add, I want it be real! Haha!

ezeuzo1

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I just did a google search on Lumia 1520.3. They were like on page 3 or 4 (which is not good for business). I did notice the 114 lbs but later on they have a more believable weight. From my little research, they at least exist in some form in England. According to their website they have an office in Austin Texas. Price is real good. Anyone want to buy from them and let me know what happens =)? Or at least tell me you've had a good experience with them in the past? Without lying about it of course...

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
The Austin address works fine in Google Maps, but it appears to be a residence on a golf course in Austin.

Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, TX

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Well, I went through the order process but it ended when it said an item in my cart couldn't be shipped to the address I provided. I'll call the Austin number tomorrow to see if I can find out anything.

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Well, I went through the order process but it ended when it said an item in my cart couldn't be shipped to the address I provided. I'll call the Austin number tomorrow to see if I can find out anything.

I don't think that was a smart move. It's your money though.

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I don't think that was a smart move. It's your money though.

I never came close to giving them my money. Someone earlier said they had a problem when they got to the shipping part, and I just verified it. The reason I'm holding out for one of the big retailers is so I can use BillMeLater to buy it six months no interest (12 months if. NewEgg would get it). I'm still going to call the Austin number tomorrow to see what I can find out.

AlexFirth91

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Negri emailed me back today, I should be getting mine mid-may, but that's still ETA. So once I get my tracking number, I will know its back in stock. Boy Nokia is selling out, I bet they didn't expect this much demand. But I can patiently wait, I want the white one.

ezeuzo1

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I sent them an email. Got a response basically saying they were a legit company (which you would expect them to). They also said they had the phones in stock in Hungary brand new and it would take 3 to 4 days to get to me depending on where I am. I'm kinda surprised they don't know where I am since I emailed from their US website.

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site

I tried to do the same and got the same result. I live in Austin and I kind of know whereabouts the address is. I'm pretty sure there's nothing but residences in that area, especially being next to the golf course (a pretty nice one at that). I would drive by, but thinking I may call the 203 number they have listed as I want to roll the dice on one of these. Or at least shoot them an email to see if they'll get it sent to the "Austin location" for me to come and purchase.

Said screw it and emailed them the below text. Guess we'll see what they send back.

"I would like to place an order for the yellow Lumia 1520.3 version of the phone you have. However, it tells me the item cannot be shipped to my address. I live in Austin and I do see that you have an Austin location. Is it possible for you to get the item in store for me to come pickup?

Thanks!"

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I emailed them with the same thing, so let's see if either of us gets a response. Meanwhile, I got an email from B&H customer service saying the black should ship in 7-14 days. That was in response to an email I sent them saying that Negri had marked it as discontinued. The most puzzling thing to me is how did such a confirmed Android ****** like me develop such a obsession with a Windows phone? :)

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Well that was strange. I called the number and I got a recording saying I had reached the Pinger service and they would let the person know I called. Then the recording says "why don't you hang up first so I won't have to hang up on you?"

ezeuzo1

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
So here's the latest in the Light Ken Chronicles. I emailed them about the issue that has been raised, that is not being able to get orders to ship to the US from their website. Here is their response:

Hello

Sorry for the late response, our site is currently under construction and we can not take order's from placing them on our site, so all you need to do is to make an order by sending the details below:

1. YOUR FIRST NAME ………………....................
2. YOUR LAST NAME ……………….....................
3. YOUR COUNTRY ………………....................
4. RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS…………...................
5. MOBILE PHONE NUMBER………….................
6. YOUR ZIP / POSTAL CODE……………………..
7. YOUR CITY………………..................................
8. PRODUCT WANTED.......................................
9. HOW MANY UNITS YOU NEED ......................

As soon as we get the details, we will proceed with the packaging and labeling of the phone for shipping and then get back to you with our accountant payment data so you can make payment to effect the immediate ship out.

The phones will be shipped from our office in Hungary and your payment will be to our accountant in Hungary also.

The price shows in USD or GBP depending on what currency you want.

Please get back to me so we can proceed.

Thanks

So...who wants to be guinea pig and try this for me? =)

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
And here's the response I received -
"Hello
Thanks for the mail and interest you have in the Nokia, we still have them in stock in our office located in Hungary, the demand was so high from our office in Austin so your phone will be delivered from Hungary, which will take 7 days to get to your doorstep with no extra charges.
The total cost is 600$.
Please how many do you want and how soon do you want them?
I wait your kind response.
Thanks"

Definitely not sounding too legit.