Lumia 1520.3 w/ AWS, 700Mhz and QI

ezeuzo1

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I ended up giving them the info listed above. They said since I only wanted one unit they would have to take payment by MoneyGram or Western Union. They said they only accept Paypal if the order is $3000 or more (I guess cuz they have to pay fees for Paypal while it would be free on their end for MG or WU). I told them I was only comfortable using Paypal and that if that wasn't possible cancel the order. And they did. And that was that. They were very polite in their dealings with me, quick responses and everything. I just couldn't bring myself to trust them. If anyone decides to take the plunge please keep us updated on how it goes. I'll just have to wait patiently for Newegg or Negri or B & H. Kinda weird that these seem to be only sources of the Lumia Unicorn.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
MoneyGram or Western Union? You officially have your answer now, 100% scam. Perhaps whoever runs their site is a prince from Nigeria.

Bruce Carroll

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
The registered owners of that house are
- URBANOWSKI RICHARD L & MARY K

Would appear he is a Director for KMG Chemicals. KMG has some wide ranging facilities, but I see nothing in England or Hungary

Maybe we could find the phone and see if they are aware that someone is using their address.

Last edited:

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Ironically, I am Nigerian. I get your drift though.

Lol no offense man. Every single country on earth has something others can poke fun at :smile:. And 419 scams definitely aren't exclusive to Nigeria lol.

Was hoping you guys found your unicorns... I guess the search/wait continues.

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I ended up giving them the info listed above. They said since I only wanted one unit they would have to take payment by MoneyGram or Western Union. They said they only accept Paypal if the order is $3000 or more (I guess cuz they have to pay fees for Paypal while it would be free on their end for MG or WU). I told them I was only comfortable using Paypal and that if that wasn't possible cancel the order. And they did. And that was that. They were very polite in their dealings with me, quick responses and everything. I just couldn't bring myself to trust them. If anyone decides to take the plunge please keep us updated on how it goes. I'll just have to wait patiently for Newegg or Negri or B & H. Kinda weird that these seem to be only sources of the Lumia Unicorn.

I hope no one "takes the plunge". This was an obvious fake from the start. Please everyone, for the love of anything you believe in, do not send money to this vendor. lol

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Stood in a long line at Chipotle last night and decided to whip out the 1520 and stream some live TV. About 15-20 minutes worth, no buffering, no big hit on the battery. Shoulda seen the heads turn :grin:

Rhoyz

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Smells fishy in here.... Hmmmnnn
Any online store that ask western union or moneygram as a payment is a no no..
Sent from my RM-938_lta_lta_905 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
upgraded to 8.1 ?

Not quite yet... already have the swipe/tap bug, don't want to risk more despite how much I want to upgrade. I'll wait for the official release with Cyan. Taking full advantage of this bad boy with my switch to unlimited LTE :D

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Smells fishy in here.... Hmmmnnn
Any online store that ask western union or moneygram as a payment is a no no..

Yep. I feel pretty safe using my USAA credit card, but no way I'd do this. I use MoneyGram every month to send money to family in Thailand, and their page goes out of the way to warn you about using their service to pay for goods.

Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, TX