Lumia 1520.3 w/ AWS, 700Mhz and QI

amorek13

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I think mine started working after network + update, did not do the hack, just erased Spanish keyboard did the update thruw Lumia system updater software and it worked, tmo

Sent from my RM-938_lta_lta_905 using Tapatalk

TechoGeek

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Well, after days of going back and forth about which color to order and coming to peace about the price I'm on the wait list for a yellow version at B&H. I hope they get them in before June, that's another reason I almost went with the white version.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk

seangprice

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Interesting. So you never had to install the Spanish keyboard at any point? And was internet sharing working before you updated to 8.1 or did you just update without trying it first? Also, are you running on T-Mobile?

I did NOT do the keyboard hack prior to upgrading to 8.1. As I said this could be hit or miss, I'm currently using T-Mobile USA. My 1320 required the hack however and carried over to 8.1.

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I found a place that has them in stock but the price is steep--$775 (Canadian) + $40 shipping.That's around $750 U.S. total. I really want this phone but I think I'll hang in with my $629 B&H order. If your budget is unlimited, the place is OmegaCell.

Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, TX

luv2skipow

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I did NOT do the keyboard hack prior to upgrading to 8.1. As I said this could be hit or miss, I'm currently using T-Mobile USA. My 1320 required the hack however and carried over to 8.1.

I can't recall exactly but I recall a instance a few Nokia WP phones ago where installing Access Point actually screwed up internet sharing.

christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Hows the 8.1 upgrade doing for anyone? When I first got mine I upgraded it and the phone did not like it. I see there is an upgrade so might try it again with some good news.

ezeuzo1

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I saw that. Patience will eventually pay off my man. I've learned that impatience is financially expensive. Hang in there.

christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I found a place that has them in stock but the price is steep--$775 (Canadian) + $40 shipping.That's around $750 U.S. total. I really want this phone but I think I'll hang in with my $629 B&H order. If your budget is unlimited, the place is OmegaCell.

damn i thought newegg was high when I bought mine. Eesh. The phone is bad ***, o don't know about 700 bad ***

Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, TX

Kacey Green

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
You have to do the Spanish keyboard trick while in 8.0 before upgrading to 8.1 You can only use the foreign SIM trick on unlocked AT&T phones b/c they allow you to edit apn settings manually whereas factory unlocked variants don't.

Weird that att actually gets something right. Come on Microsoft put this menu in all you Nokia phones currently sorted and future

Bruce Carroll

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I've tweeted @Nokia several times. I have received only a single response to which I replied that I had looked at NewEgg, B&H, Negri. I guess they don't want to sell phones.

TechoGeek

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I've tweeted @Nokia several times. I have received only a single response to which I replied that I had looked at NewEgg, B&H, Negri. I guess they don't want to sell phones.

Was that tweet in reference to when will they have new shipments going out to retailers?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Bruce Carroll

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand that now that Microsoft owns Nokia, why isn't the Microsoft Store selling these superior versions rather than the sad AT&T version?

John Mark Dyer

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know if that green 1520 Nokia was showing off at build is an AT&T exclusive? I know it's coming to AT&T soon, but I didn't remember them mentioning exclusivity. It would be nice if it was also released as an RM-938 as well. I doubt it though. I don't think I've seen a red RM-938 anywhere (correct me if I'm wrong). It's a good sign though for those of you that are worried about them being permanently discontinued. If Nokia (Microsoft) are pushing the 1520 in new colors, then they are far from done manufacturing them. It's possible that the acquisition has caused a temporary manufacturing/distribution "hiccup".

John Mark Dyer

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand that now that Microsoft owns Nokia, why isn't the Microsoft Store selling these superior versions rather than the sad AT&T version?

The same reason they don't sell the 1320. It's not meant for the US market. the 1520.3 is perfect for the US market (T-Moble, AT&T, and any other GSM carrier), but because of how messed up the carrier-OEM relationship is in the US, they can't offer certain unlocked devices officially because of exclusivity agreements. :/

Bruce Carroll

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
The same reason they don't sell the 1320. It's not meant for the US market. the 1520.3 is perfect for the US market (T-Moble, AT&T, and any other GSM carrier), but because of how messed up the carrier-OEM relationship is in the US, they can't offer certain unlocked devices officially because of exclusivity agreements. :/

You would think that type of thinking would be coming to an end now that AT&T is "relaxing" the "must buy here" thinking. Guess we have T-Mobile to thank for that?