Lumia 1520.3 w/ AWS, 700Mhz and QI

TechoGeek

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
So no updates from B&H for those that are waiting for the white or black to become available? As soon as you receive news I figured the yellow wouldn't be far behind.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
So no updates from B&H for those that are waiting for the white or black to become available? As soon as you receive news I figured the yellow wouldn't be far behind.

The last I heard was when I posted that message showing an image of my order with the date 5/28 in red. They've been telling me all along "end of the month" for the black one.

Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, TX

knacky

May 22, 2014
Visit site
The last I heard was when I posted that message showing an image of my order with the date 5/28 in red. They've been telling me all along "end of the month" for the black one.

I have an order in with B&H for the yellow one. The product page says "Expected availability: June 01 2014 " but logging into their site and bringing up my order status page just has "On Order" in green text and no date to be seen anywhere. Image below...

order.jpg

I'd be interested to know if anyone's B&H order status looks different, regardless of phone color.

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
MIne looks just like yours if I log on to the site and check my order. The one I posted above (#711) that has that date in it was sent to me via email.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I decided to put in a preorder as well yesterday for a black one (despite currently having a flawless 1020) and my order says the same.

drbanks

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
When they first went up on Newegg, thought for a minute to wait for the yellow model ('cause it was already sold out by the time I got there). I decided, naw, and impulsively bought the black one. Which was I think the only one they had in stock at the time.

Boy am I ever glad I did. I can't even find them listed on Newegg now, and Negri still shows them perpetually backordered. Does anyone have them for sale anywhere anymore?

You'd think that someone (Nokia/Microsquish) would cotton to the fact that they're selling out immediately wherever/whenever they go on sale, and I don't know, respond to the demand and try to make a few more bucks.

Joe Acerbic

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
You'd think that someone (Nokia/Microsquish) would cotton to the fact that they're selling out immediately wherever/whenever they go on sale, and I don't know, respond to the demand and try to make a few more bucks.
Nope: Elop the Preventer of Sales is still on the job.

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
B&H is now showing expected availability dates--end of May for black and white, 1 June for yellow. Unicorns be coming! :)

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Sent their CS an email about availability, said they expect them in 1st week of June, hopefully true.

Funny, I had completely dismissed this phone because of the size but something about the SP3 inspired me to rethink it and I gave it a good hands on at the MS store when placing my preorder. Now I've spent hours watching video reviews and can't wait to get it. Thank goodness for unicorns! :)

joebirney

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Yea ordered my unicorn.... now the wait. Mixed feelings as this will be my first windows phone. Jumped on the iphone platform very early in its life..and like wise to andrio (not as early). So kind of exciting and a bit nervous as have a lot of things on Google....this should be fun :)

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Yea ordered my unicorn....So kind of exciting and a bit nervous as have a lot of things on Google....this should be fun :)

Yea, I'm rather heavily invested in the "Googlesphere" as well but I think I'll manage. :) I read about apps that allow you to access Google Music, and you can integrate GMail. A friend with the Icon says he loves the Maps app.

I'm just looking forward to playing!

Bruce Carroll

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Yea, I am on the Google koolaid also, but honestly, its not all that. Especially having to deal with the crappy software releases that have to be "qualified" by AT&T. I've tried custom ROMs and have a custom ROM on my phone now, but, these seem "buggy" to me and development pretty much stops on them not soon after they release v2 of the phone.

I know Microsoft hasn't been stellar in this regard, but, at least with an unlocked phone I am not bending over for AT&T anymore.

Last edited:

John Mark Dyer

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
So I listed my 1520.3 on eBay for $900 (just for the hell of it) and it sold this past Monday. Not bad for a "used" phone, right? I will definitely be getting another one, but figured I could let go of it for a month or 2 for a $300 profit. I feel like I've sold a piece of my soul. :/

TechoGeek

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Yea, I'm rather heavily invested in the "Googlesphere" as well but I think I'll manage. :) I read about apps that allow you to access Google Music, and you can integrate GMail. A friend with the Icon says he loves the Maps app.

I'm just looking forward to playing!

I'm going to miss the total Google integration but the good things I've been hearing about maps on the 1520 is a plus. I can use Tango in place of Hangouts since not many people I know use Skype and as you mentioned there is a workaround for others. I'm worried about travel apps like TripAdvisor since the Windows phone version is bad. I use their offline city guide a lot when I travel.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
So I listed my 1520.3 on eBay for $900 (just for the hell of it) and it sold this past Monday. Not bad for a "used" phone, right? I will definitely be getting another one, but figured I could let go of it for a month or 2 for a $300 profit. I feel like I've sold a piece of my soul. :/

That's a smart way to do it. Sound like you may have traded stocks before.

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site

Wow. And I passed on the $775 one from OmegaCell. :)

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Looks like its back in stock at Omegacell for $775, hopefully should mean B&H will get their stock as scheduled.

Sent from my Venue 11 Pro 5130 using Tapatalk