Lumia 1520.3 w/ AWS, 700Mhz and QI

joebirney

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Dave
well the optimist in me says that's just because its todays date and the status still back ordered. Or course the pessimist in me says that that today then tried to order more only to find them already backorder by the vendor... :-(

Folks,
here is my deliria....Current our current ATT bill (3 lines, me, wifey and jr) are paying about 190 per month. We have an old plan with 500 minutes, plus unlimited text and data plans on all 3 lines include one that has a grand fathered unlimited plan. That is way too much. We have only about 4 more months on our contact (we renewed the contract to get a new phone for our son about 17 months ago). Both my wife and I have Galxy Notes (original versions). My plan was to move over to T-mobile an cut our bill down to about 100 buck and get new phones (T-Mobile will pay the ETF too). For wifey/Jr they can get a current galaxy. But I wanted the Lumina 1520 for myself :) I don't want to go to a smaller phone (I had the dell 5" streak before the Galaxy Note so again going smaller just not an option). But as we all know its dam near impossible to get a 1520.3 RM-938 that will work on T-Mobile with paying premium. I thought about maybe getting T-Mobile family plan for them, at the cost of 80 a month, then getting AIO wireless and an ATT version of the 1520. That would bring are bill to about 125 (with out tax). That is still cheaper than I am paying now but not as cheap as having everything on T-Mobile. Wireless Qi charging is not that important to me. So with my next ATT bill due soon...would you stay and wait for the unicorn...hoping the B&H will ship soon...or would you go with hybrid plan with T-Mobile/AIO? Or should I just man up...get a "temp" phone until the 1520.3 can be found easily? What to do..what to do....

Thanks for "listening" to me!

ErR0rPr0n3

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Just got an email from B&H, the charge has been made to my credit card (got a text from cc just before email notification :) )

The following item(s) will be shipped directly to you by the manufacturer/distributor. We have submitted our purchase order to the manufacturer/distributor and the estimated shipping time is 06/02/2014 based on availability.

order page shows:

Nokia LUMIA 1520 LTE PHONE-YELLOW

B&H# NOLU1520Y : Mfr# A00016720

Status: Drop Ship order submitted to vendor Expedited Delivery

Last edited:

ErR0rPr0n3

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Sad thing I just found out (from a phone call) is that it may take 7-10 business days for me to get it ( I wanted to try and change my shipping to next day because something was coming up that I wanted the better camera for). Good thing I still have my 925 but would love to have the extra memory for recording the whole event

luv2skipow

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Sad thing I just found out (from a phone call) is that it may take 7-10 business days for me to get it ( I wanted to try and change my shipping to next day because something was coming up that I wanted the better camera for). Good thing I still have my 925 but would love to have the extra memory for recording the whole event

Is that because you choose that shipping length?
I have a tight schedule for a possible US pickup but this drop shipping looks too sketch.

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I wonder if expedited shipping is even an option if it's being drop shipped. At any rate, I'll be happy just to have a tracking number. At that point I'll order a case and a charging pad (or two).

Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, TX

TechoGeek

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
View attachment 67658Here's hoping this date in red is significant.

Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, TX

Finally! I noticed I received a text about my credit card being charged so then I checked my email and see I received the same one. I was hoping I could get it in one day since I'm only 30 minutes from B&H but the drop shipment has me wondering how long its really going to take.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

joebirney

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Well bummer...no update in my order from B&H yet. Hopefully I will hear something soon. And hopefully those that have gotten an update will get a tracking number to indicate its on its way! :)

jimjfletcher

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Yesterday I cancelled my 5/9 backorder with Negri because they wouldn't price match B&H. My current order with B&H is "New Order Processing." Hopefully there's adequate stock in the new batch for me!