Lumia 1520.3 w/ AWS, 700Mhz and QI

luv2skipow

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Ordered from Omegacell and hopefully will be in Calgary tomorrow.

Was considering Newegg and shipping to Montana if possible as I am going there next week.
Not worth the hassle for $100ish.

joebirney

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Not for me, last update was my credit card charge when through. That was around 1 PM EST. .Its always amazing how fast they take your money...but slow to give it back :)

knacky

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I lost confidence with the one advertised on B&H after another poster here said he contacted their customer service and their reply was it didn't work with T-Mobile. So either they are not getting true RM-938 units, or the cust svc rep may not have known what he was talking about. Probably the latter, but I am not in the mood to roll the dice to find out for sure. Also noticed their product page stock date has now slipped to "June 2 2014" for all color variants.

Cancelled my B&H order on Tuesday and placed the order with OmegaCell instead, as their RM-938 product page specifically lists AWS (T-Mobile compatibility) and LTE (AT&T compatibility) and their site said they would have stock this week.

Sure enough, I received a shipping notification email from OmegaCell early this afternoon and now have a FedEx tracking number for my unicorn.

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm going to address four posts without quoting..

Charger - Amazon.com: Incipio NGP Case for Nokia Lumia 1520 - Retail Packaging - Matte Black: Cell Phones & Accessories
No particular reason. It looked good and got favorable reviews. I'm going to keep this on my desk at work. I carry my phone when I leave my desk so it will be nice to not have to subject the usb port to constant use.
Case - Amazon.com: Incipio NGP Case for Nokia Lumia 1520 - Retail Packaging - Matte Black: Cell Phones & Accessories It was featured on this forum, and it just had a $3 price drop. I just like minimal cases that provide some protection for a face down drop.

I haven't used a screen protector for my last few phones. I don't to compromise the quality of the display or the feel. I dedicate my right front pocket to the phone--nothing else goes in there. I have several used phones and there ain't a scratch on any of the screens.

And lastly, I do believe the person who relayed the comments from B&H did indeed talk to someone who wasn't looking at the right phone. At least two people in this thread have received theirs from B&H and have verified it's the 1520.3. B&H even changed their description to include the 938 designator. I believe that was in reaction to questions about it. B&H uses the same description as Negri and neither one uses the term AWS specifically. But they do list LTE Band 4 which is what T-Mobile uses. For the B&H CS to say that LTE wouldn't work on TMo, only serves to confirm he was probably looking at specs for the 937.

Hope the links work!

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Well, damn, I just realized the charger I ordered doesn't include the a/c adapter. That sucks. I tried to cancel but too late.

Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, TX

TechoGeek

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Wow, am I the only one still waiting for B&H? Lol ...Newegg charges tax here in Jersey so B&H is a better deal for me. Ive also noticed B&H has also listed the RM-937 as a new Item just to make people feel more secure with purchasing the RM-938 from B&H.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Wow, am I the only one still waiting for B&H? Lol ...Newegg charges tax here in Jersey so B&H is a better deal for me. Ive also noticed B&H has also listed the RM-937 as a new Item just to make people feel more secure with purchasing the RM-938 from B&H.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk

I'm paying $18 more than I would have with B&H but my patience reserve was running very low. The words "in stock" were hard to resist. :) Good to hear about that 937 listing.

Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, TX

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I'm sticking with B&H too, they have a 90 day warranty and with a phone like this that's a good option to have. I'll only switch if they don't ship on Monday, gives me a few more days with my 1020. :)

Sent from my Venue 11 Pro 5130 using Tapatalk

Bruce Carroll

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Going to give BH their shot also ... although frankly, it may be out of their hands at this point if they placed the order with Nokia.

BH just updated my order status to SHIPPED. Tracking # is still pending.

weatheryoko

May 30, 2014
Visit site
I also ordered from Newegg yesterday (Yellow version). I selected "Newegg Next Day" for shipping and mine shipped last night (although the ETA is Thursday, 05 June (that word Newegg keeps using.... I don't think it means what they think it means... ;-P). Anyway, UPS says it's left Miami and is currently in Jacksonville... so they are shipping...