Lumia 1520.3 w/ AWS, 700Mhz and QI

knacky

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Congrats to all the Neweggers that finally got into shipped status! It really doesn't inspire confidence that they showed out of stock on all 1520.3 units in the afternoon and then same day early evening all the units are now back in stock? They are not going to get replenishment orders from Nokia that quickly. Someone screwed something up behind the scenes there.

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm guessing that's next "business day" which would be Monday. If that's the case, then mine should be Tuesday. I tried using customer chat but I can't get any response on either the iPad or PC. It isn't really that big of a deal except that I paid $12.73 for the two day shipping. I like to get what I pay for.

Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, TX
TMo MDA->TMo Wing->G1->Nexus One->Nexus4G->Galaxy Nexus->Note 1->Note 2->Lumia 1520.3(pending)

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Have any of you guys tried cutting a micro sim card to a nano for the 1520, if so how did that work

Yes. I've done this with the nano sim cutter from Amazon and it works flawlessly. It also comes with a microsim adapter in case you want to use your nano sim on other phones.

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
AAAAARGH! The phone is 10 minutes from my house sitting at UPS but I can't have it until Monday because of stupid "Business day" delivery.

Jim, Can you confirm your phone was delivered by Air rather than ground? I wrote customer service and this is the reply I received.

In reviewing your account, I show that the shipping method on your order is Newegg 2 Days. Sometimes if an item is not eligible for air shipping, UPS will ship it with ground shipping. I noticed that the product you ordered is a cell phone. UPS does not allow some items containing lithium-ion batteries (laptops, cell phones) to be delivered using UPS Next Day or 2nd Day. This will result in UPS changing the package from UPS Next Day or 2nd Day to Ground Delivery.

"I truly apologize for any inconvenience this may have cause. According to our internal records, the shipping fee of ground shipping is $6.98 while you paid $12.71 for Newegg 2 Days shipping. I will credit back the shipping difference between ground shipping and 2 Days shipping. It is $5.73. Please confirm if this is acceptable. Thank you for your patience and understanding."

I would like to raise the BS flag on this as my experience is that I've received several phones via 2nd day air. This really isn't about the two days or the money, it's about crappy customer service. If an item is not eligible for expedited shipping, how does their software not flag that, and thus not allow me to select 2nd day? I wrote back that I want the entire $12.71 refunded as the listing on the phone says free shipping available. Grrrrr.:angry::angry:

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Well, I went to the UPS site and looked up the regulations on shipping Lithium Ion batteries. The 3.4mAh batteries falls well within the acceptable range for air shipment. SMH.

Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, TX
TMo MDA->TMo Wing->G1->Nexus One->Nexus4G->Galaxy Nexus->Note 1->Note 2->Lumia 1520.3(pending)

joebirney

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Yea mine change status to shipping with tracking number!! I went a head and canceled my B&H order since it never moved since it was stuck i back order. Next up calling AT&T to cancel and getting a new family plan with T-Mobile. This should be fun. Thanks for all your help. And glad others have theirs in shipping too.

Dave,
Let us know how your "stuff" works ask some of us (ie me) will problem order same or similar accessories :)

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Dave,
Let us know how your "stuff" works ask some of us (ie me) will problem order same or similar accessories :)

The first tip I'll give you is that the Qi charger I ordered recommends a 5V,2A wall power supply. Most of the ones (if not all) you have laying around are 1 amp. It will still work but not as well. I'll just order one from Amazon knowing that as an Amazon Prime member, I'll get it before the phone arrives. :smile:

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, Jim. I put that in my last letter to customer service. They're blaming UPS but it's pretty obvious they "screwed the pooch" on this one.

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Charger alert. I saw this in another thread. AT&T is selling the Nokia DT-900 for $5. I just bought the last one at a local store. Someone ordered six of them but hasn't picked up yet. They're going to call me tomorrow if they arent picked up by 4pm. If so, I'll snag two more.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
NewEgg is refunding the total shipping charge. I guess I'll put that one in the win column and look forward to Thursday.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

The_Greys

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I live 93.7 miles from the shipping point. UPS tracking shows

05/31/2014 04:17:00 ARRIVAL SCAN HIALEAH, FL, US
05/31/2014 03:55:00 DEPARTURE SCAN MIAMI, FL, US
05/30/2014 20:05:00 ORIGIN SCAN MIAMI, FL, US
05/30/2014 16:05:28 BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED[M]

I live 87.5 miles from Hialeah

it has moved 6 miles!!!!!!!!!! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually the city limits of Miami touch the city limits of Hialeah