Lumia 1520.3 w/ AWS, 700Mhz and QI

knacky

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Probably a fraud site. They seem to rotate names every so often.

Personally I wouldn't trust it. If you decide to try anyway and drop an order with them, only to have them reply with something along the lines of "Our credit card processor is down, can you just send a MoneyGram, etc" then it's a guaranteed fraud site.

The trusted vendors referred to by other in this thread for the 1520.3 (RM-938) seems to boil down to four sites...

(US) Newegg - Newegg.com - Computer Parts, Laptops, Electronics, and More!
(CA) OmegaCell - OmegaCell Communications Inc.
(US) Negri - Shop for Unlocked Wireless Devices, Unlocked Phones, Unlocked cellphones and more
(US) B&H - B&H Photo Video Digital Cameras, Photography, Camcorders

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone ordered from this site " Nokia Lumia 1520.3 (Unlocked) (Black) - Light-KenLTD "? They say the Lumia 1520.3 is $546.33, that is cheaper than Newegg but I have never heard of this site before.

Roll back a few pages. Wouldn't touch it with the proverbial 10 foot pole.

Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, TX
TMo MDA->TMo Wing->G1->Nexus One->Nexus4G->Galaxy Nexus->Note 1->Note 2->Lumia 1520.3(pending)

Jay Kayne

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Probably a fraud site. They seem to rotate names every so often.

Personally I wouldn't trust it. If you decide to try anyway and drop an order with them, only to have them reply with something along the lines of "Our credit card processor is down, can you just send a MoneyGram, etc" then it's a guaranteed fraud site.

The trusted vendors referred to by other in this thread for the 1520.3 (RM-938) seems to boil down to four sites...

(US) Newegg - Newegg.com - Computer Parts, Laptops, Electronics, and More!
(CA) OmegaCell - OmegaCell Communications Inc.
(US) Negri - Shop for Unlocked Wireless Devices, Unlocked Phones, Unlocked cellphones and more
(US) B&H - B&H Photo Video Digital Cameras, Photography, Camcorders

Thanks, I thought is was a little fishy. I just placed an order from Newegg.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Still no sign of a tracking number from B&H. No reply to my email yesterday and next week they'll be closed for 3 days which will be 3 days we'll be unable to get any information on our orders. At this point I'm leaning towards buying from Newegg for next day delivery and selling or sending the BH order back when and if it ever arrives. Very frustrating Unicorn buying experience.

knacky

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Still no sign of a tracking number from B&H. No reply to my email yesterday and next week they'll be closed for 3 days which will be 3 days we'll be unable to get any information on our orders.

They're supposed to be in the office Monday and the first half of Tuesday, after which they'll be out the rest of the week. They had fast and responsive customer service when I was cancelling my order with them, so hopefully you get the same.

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Still no sign of a tracking number from B&H. No reply to my email yesterday

Twice I emailed before their Sabbath shutdown, and both times I got an answer on Sunday. They were VERY responsive to all my queries.

Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, TX
TMo MDA->TMo Wing->G1->Nexus One->Nexus4G->Galaxy Nexus->Note 1->Note 2->Lumia 1520.3(pending)

Bruce Carroll

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
My guess is that it MAY be harder than we think for B&H to get the FedEx tracking # from Nokia given that Nokia is drop shipping the phone.

I am going to guess that my phone will be here Mon. or Tues. They charged my CC, which I am going to assume means that I will get a phone very shortly

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Well I got a response from them and got the tracking number though its still not showing on their site so may be worth pinging them if you haven't got yours. Delivery scheduled for the 3rd.

Sent from my M80TA using Tapatalk

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I just snagged another $5 wireless charger (Nokia DT-900). According to store inventory, it was the last one in Corpus. So now I have EVERYTHING--except the phone.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

flameinthefire

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Guys so i was on Microsoft's windows phone page. This what they are advertising "Coming soon with Windows Phone 8.1. Availability determined by carrier" i'll be using 1520.3 for t-mobile i am sure i will not get 8.1 update through t-mobile. What does this mean? will i be able to get the official 8.1 update somehow?

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Guys so i was on Microsoft's windows phone page. This what they are advertising "Coming soon with Windows Phone 8.1. Availability determined by carrier" i'll be using 1520.3 for t-mobile i am sure i will not get 8.1 update through t-mobile. What does this mean? will i be able to get the official 8.1 update somehow?
It will be available. Once its officially released t-mobile will go over it and then release it on their schedule. Since your device is quite new it should be one of the first to get it.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

You'll get it when the original region or carrier releases it, not on Tmos schedule. This phone has no connection to any US carriers so they don't dictate when the update is released for it.

flameinthefire

May 26, 2014
Visit site
You'll get it when the original region or carrier releases it, not on Tmos schedule. This phone has no connection to any US carriers so they don't dictate when the update is released for it.

So lets say the official release date is june 23rd. At that point all i will have to do is "check for update" on my phone? i am also planning to run developers preview when i get my phone on wednesday. Will this have any effect on the official update. In other words will it prevent me from updating

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
So lets say the official release date is june 23rd. At that point all i will have to do is "check for update" on my phone? i am also planning to run developers preview when i get my phone on wednesday. Will this have any effect on the official update. In other words will it prevent me from updating

You can load the dev preview and will be updated to the final when its released no problem. As for when that will be it depends, not sure if anyone knows exactly which country this version originates from but once the OTA update is live you'll just have to keep checking for updates and it will be delivered at some point.