Lumia 1520.3 w/ AWS, 700Mhz and QI

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
For those who have had theirs for a while, have any of the recent updates resolved the issue of losing tethering when you hard reset under 8.1?

Tracy Daken

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
The frustrating part is paying next day air on newegg and getting it four days later. It shipped out on Friday and stayed in Kentucky for three days. It just now departed to make it to Oregon.....

if they sent it USPS Priority mail, it would have made it Today Min.

flameinthefire

May 26, 2014
Visit site
The frustrating part is paying next day air on newegg and getting it four days later. It shipped out on Friday and stayed in Kentucky for three days. It just now departed to make it to Oregon.....

Yup, i feel your pain. I had the same thing happened to me. I am getting mine on Wednesday instead of last Friday,

ezeuzo1

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
It's been fun reading all y'alls comments. My unicorn is coming to me Wednesday by the look of things from B&H. Almost time to put up my RM-937 for sale.

luv2skipow

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I actually had a coworker laugh aloud when I showed him the 1520 and he held it.
He did admit however than the screen was gorgeous and would be great for movies and surfing.

Dinky89484

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I actually had a coworker laugh aloud when I showed him the 1520 and he held it.
He did admit however than the screen was gorgeous and would be great for movies and surfing.

Haha. I seem to get the same reaction from almost everyone that checks out my phone. I think by now I've become accustomed to its size but I remember my very first reaction when I grabbed a hold of it for the very first time and I completely understand everyone's reaction to the size of the device. Generally, everyone who has handled my phone though all love the screen and the build quality.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Its big but what I noticed watching videos is that there are even bigger phones like the Sony Z Ultra but no one seems to be going on about how huge that device is. Seems the size is just another bash point people have picked on because its a Windows Phone.

Sent from my Venue 11 Pro 5130 using Tapatalk

Jay Kayne

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site

I just placed an order with Newegg on Saturday also shipping to Oregon but the order still says "Status: Packaging". How long did it take for yours to update the shipping info?

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I just placed an order with Newegg on Saturday also shipping to Oregon but the order still says "Status: Packaging". How long did it take for yours to update the shipping info?
NewEgg seems to be consistently screwing up on shipping. I placed an order on Thursday for 2nd Day Air. It went out today ground. Several folks have had similar experiences. I regret cancelling my B&H order.

Tracy Daken

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Two days 48 Hours total. What I hear about Newegg, very possible to get updates sunday night or Monday morning.

taphius

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
Just an update, since it looks like I was one of the first to get it on here...

Still going strong! swap back and forth between my s5 and it. I much prefer the UI of WP8 but i really miss 'real' google apps (keep/drive mainly).

Looking forward to an official 8.1 release...battery life is still insane. The S5 leaves something to be desired regardless of reviews (live in a semi low single area, the constant searching kills the battery on the s5, not so much the 1520).

Really wish I could find a tpu bumper case, I want to show off the matte white..

Jay Kayne

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Two days 48 Hours total. What I hear about Newegg, very possible to get updates sunday night or Monday morning.
It just updated to "Shipped" status on Newegg. tracking # shows it actually left the warehouse at 4:00 PM but did not update on the website until 9:00 PM. So I guess they are a little slow on updating. But it should arrive tomorrow according to UPS.

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Really wish I could find a tpu bumper case, I want to show off the matte white..

I originally ordered a black one from B&H and I got the Incipio NGP black case for it. But when I reordered from NewEgg, I got the yellow one. I also wish there was a case that would still give me a raised lip on the front but let the color show through. I found some links for transparent plastic cases but either the seller is in India or the links are broken.

Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, TX

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Mine is out for delivery but I need to get some sleep. I hope I'll be able to hear the doorbell.

Ha! When I ordered my Nexus One, I missed delivery and had to drive cross town to pick it up--it was a signature required item. The last phone I ordered (Mota G for my wife) was left on the porch. Yikes! I just assume make that drive then hope it survives several hours at my front door.

Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, TX