Lumia 1520.3 w/ AWS, 700Mhz and QI

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Ok, need a little help folks. I'm on T-Mobile and when I turn on internet sharing, it says I don't have it on my plan (but I do). I went to settings and the Spanish keyboard is already installed. Do I need to remove it and then reinstall to get the sharing working?
BTW, I ran a speed test on WiFi. Even though I have 50mbps download from my provider, my Note II never showed over 30. This thing pegged at 50! I don't get great reception at the house but I still managed a 10mbps download. Need to go down the road later and check out LTE speeds.

DUH! The Mexico keyboard is installed..downloading Spain now. :)

Last edited:

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Hmmm. When I run Preview for Developers, it tells me I must be a registered developer and then closes. What's the trick to this??

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Internet sharing engaged....it's Cortana time! Here goes...

I have T-Mobile too. Internet sharing works, however when I use the hotspot from my laptop or iPod I get redirected to a web page telling me to add the mobile hotspot on my plan.

Have you actually used internet sharing from a device that's connected, and been able to browse the web? I'm just curious.

Go Spurs.

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I noted earlier that I had purchased the Incipio NGP case. I put it on today and I'm a little disappointed at the fit. Part of the yellow body can be seen at the top but not the bottom. It seems just a little loose. It will do for now but I may go with something else eventually.

Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, TX

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I have T-Mobile too. Internet sharing works, however when I use the hotspot from my laptop or iPod I get redirected to a web page telling me to add the mobile hotspot on my plan.

Have you actually used internet sharing from a device that's connected, and been able to browse the web? I'm just curious.

Go Spurs.

Well, I successfully connected with the iPad but I didn't open the browser. I'd check for you but 8.1 is downloading as I type.

Go Spurs--don't need no stinkin a/c. :)

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
So I've had the 1520 for 2 days now and overall its definitely an impressive device. The screen is very good, my start screen stands out like never before. Handling the phone in one hand is not optimal for me but I've adapted to the size and quite like it for browsing and watching videos. Unfortunately my device has the touch sensitivity issue quite bad, had to turn off high sensitivity but still get miscues frequently. Very disappointing and pretty poor from nokia not to have fixed this by now.

Also have had the device spontaneously reboot twice. Battery life is hit and miss, seems to run down quickly to about 40% then stabilizes. Got tethering working under 8.0 before updating and it still works fine. Compared to my 1020 its noticeably faster but even with the extra power some apps still chug, like Tapatalk. Using an illumishield screen protector which feels good, and the Amzer pudding case (Black) but may change that as it can be a bit slippery at times.

Overall its a great phone just with a few niggling issues for me, looking forward to getting the official update on it.

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Well, I successfully connected with the iPad but I didn't open the browser. I'd check for you but 8.1 is downloading as I type.

Go Spurs--don't need no stinkin a/c. :)

Yeah as soon as you can let me know if you get redirected to a T-Mobile web page. It could be that I'm a prepaid customer.

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I was up an hour past my normal bedtime getting the 8.1 updates, but all appears to have gone well. I'm at work and my iPad is working well with the Internet Sharing. The network indicator is saying 3G most of the time and flashes H+ on occaisson, but I'm getting decent enough bandwidth to still stream audio and video. I have to keep a timesheet at work to track the projects I'm on. Today's entry will be "Training on new communications/networking device." :)

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Here's a pic that shows what I was saying about the Incipio case--the coverage around the edges is uneven. I haven't had a chance to play with the home screen much. I still need to transfer pics and ringtones from my old phone. ImageUploadedByWPCentral Forums1402056489.804641.jpg

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
This is what having a Unicorn is all about. Now getting a consistent HSPA+ signal. I still need to go upstairs to the balcony where the LTE signal lives, and see if that works. ImageUploadedByWPCentral Forums1402065972.095655.jpg

The_Greys

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
This is what having a Unicorn is all about. Now getting a consistent HSPA+ signal. I still need to go upstairs to the balcony where the LTE signal lives, and see if that works. View attachment 68490

I too sometimes get H+ but mostly 3G witch checks out as T-Mobile 4G. I have drive up the road about 4 miles and I get LTE. I live in the everglades so LTE has not made it to my house. Aligators yes, LTE no.

The_Greys

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I was up an hour past my normal bedtime getting the 8.1 updates, but all appears to have gone well. I'm at work and my iPad is working well with the Internet Sharing. The network indicator is saying 3G most of the time and flashes H+ on occaisson, but I'm getting decent enough bandwidth to still stream audio and video. I have to keep a timesheet at work to track the projects I'm on. Today's entry will be "Training on new communications/networking device." :)

That is what I was talking about in my last post. Non T-Mobile branded phones see T-Mobiles as 3G but it runs the same speed as T-Mobile 4G. At T-Mobile they jokingly refer to 4G as 3.5G