Lumia 1520.3 w/ AWS, 700Mhz and QI

luv2skipow

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Just a warning on the Poetic case...easy in...impossible to get off!!
Almost damaged the edge of my phone trying.

Holes may need to be dremeled to allow a push out....super rigid plastic.

I have moved to my Nillkin case which is pretty awesome!

mrZoSo

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Received my 1520.3 from Newegg yesterday, and updated it to 8.1 first thing. This phone is great so far, using it on Straight Talk w/AT&T SIM.

Do you need any update? I received my from Newegg last week. After installed the Battery program, that program showed that I have already made few hours call. I am very unsure if newegg.com sells brand new or repack item to us.
That was one of the first things I checked, and it had 00:00:00

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I had my first experience of my phone getting really warm (hot?). I was in a building where the signal was weak to non-existent, and I was playing solitaire. It had been awhile since I had cycled power so there may have been a few apps running In the background. I noticed the top of the phone getting pretty hot. I went ahead and shut it down for awhile and let it cool down. It's been back on for an hour and running normal now. I'm wondering if that effort to find a signal is what caused the heating.

Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, TX

ezeuzo1

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I had my first experience of my phone getting really warm (hot?). I was in a building where the signal was weak to non-existent, and I was playing solitaire. It had been awhile since I had cycled power so there may have been a few apps running In the background. I noticed the top of the phone getting pretty hot. I went ahead and shut it down for awhile and let it cool down. It's been back on for an hour and running normal now. I'm wondering if that effort to find a signal is what caused the heating.

Gaming will some times cause the phone to hear up. Or using the GPS. This had been my experience at with the 937 and 938

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I played a little solitaire this morning and sho nuff--it got hot. I want to try a different version of solitaire to see if it's limited to the one I'm using (Microsoft Solitaire Collection). Seems crazy a rather simple game that is not very graphic intensive would cause this.

evilhomerclone

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I just want to THANK whomever was the 1st person to make comment about adding the Spanish Keyboard to the phone to unlock Internet Sharing..... I cannot believe that worked! IF anyone has any insight to why it worked, it would be nice to know. Jesus man, I've been trying all sorts of stuff, even had a VERY nice lady from At&t work with me on this for a couple of hours and even elevated it to higher tech support which called back and tried a few things but with NO success!

Now i'm debating if i want to go for the Developer Preview update or just wait for the native update to 8.1... Which reminds me to ask, i noticed that my phone is a slight version (1402.0001) behind what Nokia's website list as the current production firmware (1407.1001). Even the At&t branded version is now updated to the nokia's listed latest.
Is there another trick, when i go to do the update check, it states that i'm up to date. I'm curious because i hope i will get the stable 8.1 release for the phone

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Those that bought this newest batch of 1520.3s. Do you have the dreaded swipe/tap bug?

I get an errant tap now and then...not nearly enough for me to put it in the "dreaded" class. I've trained myself to have a very light touch when trying to swipe.