Lumia 1520.3 w/ AWS, 700Mhz and QI

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I did a little more testing and it was definitely that solitaire game that made my phone heat up. It didn't get quite as hot as the day I first experienced it, but still very noticeable. I'm not a gamer so I don't know if that is something that is happening with other apps. I'd be curious to know if any of you are experiencing the same. On another note, I had my first spontaneous reboot this morning while in a twitter app. I hope that isn't something that becomes a regular occurance.

Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, TX

Rhoyz

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I did a little more testing and it was definitely that solitaire game that made my phone heat up. It didn't get quite as hot as the day I first experienced it, but still very noticeable. I'm not a gamer so I don't know if that is something that is happening with other apps. I'd be curious to know if any of you are experiencing the same. On another note, I had my first spontaneous reboot this morning while in a twitter app. I hope that isn't something that becomes a regular occurance.

I experience the same with the unit heating up while playing solitaire.

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
An update--I downloaded a different solitaire game and it plays fine with NO heating issues. So this is specifically about the Microsoft Solitaire Collection--deleted.

EDIT: I went to write a review on the app and discovered that the overheating is a VERY common complaint.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I get an errant tap now and then...not nearly enough for me to put it in the "dreaded" class. I've trained myself to have a very light touch when trying to swipe.

This 1520 really does epitomize love/hate relationship for me. When I'm typing with terrific accuracy, streaming live sports with nary a hit on battery life, etc. I'm in love and think this is the greatest smartphone to date, without question. When the swipe/tap bug starts acting up I think "oh dear, when is the 930 coming out? Will there be an LTE-compatible version? How much can I get for my 1520.3?" Maybe I'm just bi-polar lol.

On a related note, I've found that restarting the phone does ease the issue a bit if it's been especially bad.

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if the texture is the same or not. I thought the Nillkin was a little slippery, and I like a little more of a raised edge on the front.

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if the texture is the same or not. I thought the Nillkin was a little slippery, and I like a little more of a raised edge on the front.

My Nillkin wasn't slippery at all. It was soft and matte white. Here's my new one I just got today from Finland. It has that lovely leathery smell.

14440028896_57caf217fd_z.jpg

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Well, rats, my Internet Sharing isn't working. The phone shows that it's on, and the iPad shows it's getting a signal, but everything I try times out. I have 5GB of sharing with my plan and I'm not close to that. I'd call T-Mobile but I'm guessing as soon as I tell them I have the 1520, they'll start singing the "not supposed" tune.

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I cycled power on the iPad and all is well. Phew! That's a relief. There are some things (like participating in this form) that are SO much easier on a tablet than the phone.

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Here's a pic of my Nillkin case. It's a rather hard plasitic, and the back has a grain that you feel if you run a fingernail across it. I like the way it looks, and the fact that there are cut outs for the buttons. I'll give it a trial for the day.ImageUploadedByWPCentral Forums1403273094.210654.jpg