Lumia 1520.3 w/ AWS, 700Mhz and QI

kabel_mk

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I ordered two and both were. I have another coming Wednesday and will let you know on this new one. I think that's a canned message as I saw that to when I first order my other ones.
Thank you in advance! Just to clarify, both of yours were properly factory sealed, no signs that were opened, right? Please let me know on the one that should arrive Wednesday.

kabel_mk

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Order yet? :)

Can always get it from B&H if in stock.
I did order it. Newegg is kind of working slowly, they used to be a lot quicker with processing and shipping. Nah, i do not want to order through B&H ... I feel comfortable to order online from very few online places and Newegg used to be one of them ... Anyway, i'll record a video of the unpacking to serve as a proof if they got tempted to send me device with broken seals.

Booston

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Plus Newegg has no payments or interest for 12 months.... Makes the cost a little easier and its cheaper than doing ATT Next with a gimped phone.

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I continue to be impressed with how well this phone does on my home WiFi network. None of my Apple or Android devices come close to this.
ImageUploadedByWPCentral Forums1404302354.848648.jpg

Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, TX

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Do you mind sharing details on your router and connection type? My LTE speeds are fantastic on AT&T, however my WIFI speeds have been pretty poor at home.

I replaced my router a few months ago but I don't remember the model. I can tell you that I have cable internet with an advertised 50mbps download speed, and that the router is dual frequency, and I connect the phone to the 5mhz side, "n" protocol.

Non Chalant

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, could you tell me if the phone ordered through Newegg arrives with broken seals (or no seals)? During the ordering process i needed to give them consent that i accept that the phone may arrive with broken seals due to their unlocking. What is your experience ordering it through Newegg? I really do not like the fact that it may arrive tampered. Who knows, they may have bunch of returned items that they want to get rid of?

Order from newegg at your own risk, I ordered my first phone from them, the factory seal was slit and it had a HUGE scuff mark on back of the phone, like someone slid it across a rough surface, TWO replacements later, they finally realized that I wasn't falling for them selling me someone's used return as a new item, so they finally sent me a sealed one. Major headache, never again.

The only reason I went with replacing the phone twice is because newegg denies all refunds on unlocked phones, so I was basically forced to put up with their lousy service.

Save yourself the trouble and order from B&H photo, 30 day full refund, excellent CS and you'll actually get the item brand new as advertised.

Booston

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Order from newegg at your own risk, I ordered my first phone from them, the factory seal was slit and it had a HUGE scuff mark on back of the phone, like someone slid it across a rough surface, TWO replacements later, they finally realized that I wasn't falling for them selling me someone's used return as a new item, so they finally sent me a sealed one. Major headache, never again.

The only reason I went with replacing the phone twice is because newegg denies all refunds on unlocked phones, so I was basically forced to put up with their lousy service.

Save yourself the trouble and order from B&H photo, 30 day full refund, excellent CS and you'll actually get the item brand new as advertised.
interesting! That is good to know. I've been ok so far. Will see tomorrow how the Yellow one I.

kabel_mk

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site

I remember reading similar experience here at wpcentral forums but i could not find it when i went searching for it. That is why i thought to ask. It may not be too late for me, i guess i can still reject the delivery. It supposed to arrive tomorrow.

The funny thing is that i did call B&H and asked them specifically about the condition of the package, if it may arrive with broken seals. The rep answered that they do some testing on them and it indeed may arrive with broken seals.

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I didn't test it against an iPod--just a 3rd gen iPad. It did a 39Mbps on the same server. I'm not claiming any universal truth--just relating my experience. YMMV! :)

willstoc

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
I recently purchased a red Nokia Lumia 1520 factory unlocked phone online. It is RM-937 not RM-938. The international factory unlocked 1520 phones sold online that I have seen advertised have all been RM-937. FYI my 1520 phone is 4G/LTE 800900/1800/2100/2600 with 32 GB internal memory and 2 BG RAM. I have a 64 GB micro SD card in it (no SD card slot in the AT&T 1520). Again I have not seen mention of RM-938 1520s online.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Tempted to order another yellow one just to see if I get lucky and it doesn't have the sensitivity issue. I'd the sell the one I got from B&H. I'd definitely do it if I knew there was a good chance it wouldn't have the issue.

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Again I have not seen mention of RM-938 1520s online.

937s have been available along side 938 for some time now. If you can't find it, you ain't lookin' hard enough. When I was actively searching, the 937s were at least $100 cheaper than the 938s. There can be some confusion because places like NewEgg quoted the wrong specs in their listings, but I assure you that the 938s are available because several of us have posted pics with the box with 1520.3 clearly listed on the label.