Lumia 1520.3 w/ AWS, 700Mhz and QI

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I had a strange episode yesterday. I listen to music in my car from my phone over Bluetooth. It was working flawlessly and sounding real good until I left the house yesterday afternoon, and I couldn't get the music to play. I fiddled with it a little but didn't want to do any real troubleshooting at 65mph. When I got to my destination, I checked the bluetooth settings, and it was turned off, and I couldn't turn it back on. I cycled power (there's no ALT-CTRL-DEL even though it's Windows) and all was well when it powered back up. Something to keep an eye on.

Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, TX

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
938s (sorry, no rojo)

View attachment 70877

The newegg price is appealing with the $25 off but did anyone look at the return policy. They got a restocking fee. I have a L920 and say I get the 1520 and the awe the phone has fizzles out in 5 days if I return it will cost me.
I didn't realize too how many issues this phone has after looking in this forum too. I would think a 6+ month old phone would have its bugs worked out.
If you go to the L1320 forum there is much less in the way of issues with that phone. Now I wonder if these issue have to do with everyone jumping to 8.1 developers edition which is still a work in progress.
I looked at b&h return policy and there no mention of restocking fee for cell phones unless its buried somewhere and its 30 days.
Would people that own a 1520 consider the device more of a camera than phone for its features? It seems to me the 1520 is a camera first then phone where the 1320 is a phone first then camera.

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Would people that own a 1520 consider the device more of a camera than phone for its features? It seems to me the 1520 is a camera first then phone where the 1320 is a phone first then camera.

I wouldn't go that far. The camera and the display is what attracted me and got me to switch after having so many Android phones, but there's nothing a 1320 can do that the 1520 can't that I'm aware of. Actually, I make very few calls with any mobile phone. I think of it more as a pocket computer with communications capability.

djstyles97

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I had a strange episode yesterday. I listen to music in my car from my phone over Bluetooth. It was working flawlessly and sounding real good until I left the house yesterday afternoon, and I couldn't get the music to play. I fiddled with it a little but didn't want to do any real troubleshooting at 65mph. When I got to my destination, I checked the bluetooth settings, and it was turned off, and I couldn't turn it back on. I cycled power (there's no ALT-CTRL-DEL even though it's Windows) and all was well when it powered back up. Something to keep an eye on.

I had this issue on my 1520 this morning. I noticed that since the Xbox Music app updated yesterday my library showed 0 music. I had to restart and then start the Xbox Music app and wait a few minutes, then everything started working again.

kabel_mk

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Alrighty forumz!

I received the L1520.3 from Newegg ... I was paranoid as you can notice because of that message of Newegg during the purchase that the device may arrive tampered. Contrary to my paranoid state of my mind, the device did arrive in perfect condition, no broken seals, no visual imperfections, so far no "swipe to tap" weirdness, i got the tether to work, no dead pixels, no light bleed ... I guess i could go on ... She is a keeper ...

I got the ATT version on the launch date and that device had the "swipe to tap" problem, the pureview camera was misaligned and the rest of the ATT problems (16GB, no wireless charging support built-in), so i got rid of it after few weeks. I was waiting on the international L930 to be available but i caved in with this unicorn ... I think i will stay with the L1520 for a while if she manages to survive ...
/Rant off

Liam Wong

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I just got my hands on the unicorn over the weekend and after getting it all updated, I noticed that this phone doesn't seem to have those arrows over the cell signal or wifi icons? Any one else notice this?

I used to get it on my Rogers 1020.

Liam Wong

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Well I do get signal and wifi but the phone doesn't seem to have l those indicators (arrows) when the phone actually using data is what I'm saying.

Booston

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Alrighty forumz!

I received the L1520.3 from Newegg ... I was paranoid as you can notice because of that message of Newegg during the purchase that the device may arrive tampered. Contrary to my paranoid state of my mind, the device did arrive in perfect condition, no broken seals, no visual imperfections, so far no "swipe to tap" weirdness, i got the tether to work, no dead pixels, no light bleed ... I guess i could go on ... She is a keeper ...

I got the ATT version on the launch date and that device had the "swipe to tap" problem, the pureview camera was misaligned and the rest of the ATT problems (16GB, no wireless charging support built-in), so i got rid of it after few weeks. I was waiting on the international L930 to be available but i caved in with this unicorn ... I think i will stay with the L1520 for a while if she manages to survive ...
/Rant off
No broken seal on mine too. It is perfect and running great.

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I just got an email from NewEgg telling me someone found my review of the 1520.3 (yellow)helpful. I didn't know they had published my review since I ripped NewEgg for the way they handled my order. Props to them.

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I had a minor annoyance this morning. My phone wasn't connected to my home WiFi, and wouldn't do so until I cycled power.

Liam Wong

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure what you're referring to--can you elaborate??

So before on my Lumia 1020, the navigation keys (back, start, search) would only light up when it's dark when I'm using the phone (controlled by the proximity sensor) but I noticed on the 1520, the keys are always on whenever I'm using the phone. I made sure that the proximity sensor on the 1520 isn't being covered so that doesn't seem to be the issue. Maybe its default like that on the 1520?

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
OK...gotcha. Mine are definitely back lit full time when the screen is on, regardless of the brightness settings.