Lumia 1520.3 w/ AWS, 700Mhz and QI

ethos83

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Have had my 1520.3 for a week now and I have to say it's top notch. Thanks B&H! I was a diehard HTC Android user, but now a windows phone believer!

infinitelurker

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
So I had another swipe register as a tap on my 1520.3 (it has only happened around 5 times in the past month), and finally took the 30 seconds to go have a look at the Touch settings. It was already set to High sensitivity, so I bumped it to Normal and haven't had the issue since - we'll see if it helps long term.

This has probably been mentioned before in this thread, but just thought I would share for new owners...

Xideran

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I've been creepin' on this thread for about a month and a half already, just reading everything... I ordered my unicorn on July 7, during the promo thing of NewEgg... July 8, the UPS tracking said, "Transportation Accident has occurred. [X]"

Huhu. It's supposed to arrive tomorrow but now I'm not even sure if it's still alive. The last status update was 2 days ago. Of all people, why does this have to happen to me. T_T

Booston

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I've been creepin' on this thread for about a month and a half already, just reading everything... I ordered my unicorn on July 7, during the promo thing of NewEgg... July 8, the UPS tracking said, "Transportation Accident has occurred. [X]"

Huhu. It's supposed to arrive tomorrow but now I'm not even sure if it's still alive. The last status update was 2 days ago. Of all people, why does this have to happen to me. T_T
Sorry. Newegg in the past for me has been horrible when it comes to shipping. However my last 5 orders with them this year have been great so far...

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

Wow...what sad luck. The worst I had was that my shipment was sitting in the next state due to a snow storm. It took a week after the original delivery date before it arrived.

Xideran

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Wow...what sad luck. The worst I had was that my shipment was sitting in the next state due to a snow storm. It took a week after the original delivery date before it arrived.

Well, I'd much rather have that happen. UPS confirmed last night that the truck was involved in an accident and that my Unicorn was a casualty. They're coordinating with the shipper (parktel Newegg's supplier) on the package. I've been asking for a refund from Newegg telling my whole story and they keep telling me that they're giving UPS the chance to fulfill the 4-7 business days delivery time frame and that I can only complain on July 16 if there is still no update. Only then will they start the "investigation."

FML!!! At this point I wanna buy from B&H but I don't know if I'll get refunded by newegg. I'll be paying 30 dollars less than what I paid for in newegg...

Last edited:

S_C_B

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Well, I finally pulled the trigger and bought the unicorn RM-938 from B&H. I happened to stumble across a pre-owned RM-938 for only $499!! It has shipped and should arrive on Thursday. The condition was listed as 9/10, so I do hope it arrives with very, if any, few marks.

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Well, I finally pulled the trigger and bought the unicorn RM-938 from B&H. I happened to stumble across a pre-owned RM-938 for only $499!! It has shipped and should arrive on Thursday. The condition was listed as 9/10, so I do hope it arrives with very, if any, few marks.

Cool 😎 what color?

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Here's a page from the Nokia site where you can check on the status of the Cyan rollout by region. Each region is broken down into countries, and then by carrier. I can save you the search time for now--the 1520 is listed as "under testing" everywhere.

http://www.nokia.com/global/support/software-update/wp8-software-update/

Each country listing has a "country variant" in addition to the carrier listing. I wonder if we would fall under a universal country variant for Latin America.

Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, TX

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
You are correct. Our 1520.3 firmware is tagged as a CV for the "lta" region. As soon as Cyan is released for Latin America in the country variant version, we should see it for our phones under update.

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Cool. I saw the link in a blog post that stated the rollout had started. Now we just have to be patient unicorn drivers.

Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, TX