Lumia 1520.3 w/ AWS, 700Mhz and QI

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Just realized a new issue. I was scrolling my home screen and I have three black spaces where I once had tiles. I can't remember what was there---but they're gone! Reminds me of how on an Android phone, a home screen shortcut may disappear when an app is updated. But I don't have any notifications of updated apps in this instance. ????

Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, TX

ezeuzo1

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
So there are all these updates coming out for WP 8.1. I'm wondering how they will affect the hack most of us had to do to enable tethering on our phones. Thoughts? Or if you end up updating, let us know how things go as far as tethering is concerned.

S_C_B

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Well, the unicorn has arrived, and I'm in the process of setting it up! It may have been sold as used, but it is in great condition! I see no scratches or dings! I'll keep B&H in mind for future smartphone purchases.

Now I'm installing the 8.1 dev update. There is no way I was going back to plain ol' WP8!

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Attachments

• 5865.jpg
    5865.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 5866.jpg
    5866.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 22
  • 5869.jpg
    5869.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 5870.jpg
    5870.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Xideran

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Well, the unicorn has arrived, and I'm in the process of setting it up! It may have been sold as used, but it is in great condition! I see no scratches or dings! I'll keep B&H in mind for future smartphone purchases.

Now I'm installing the 8.1 dev update. There is no way I was going back to plain ol' WP8!

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Good for you!

Well, I've finally gotten my first dead unicorn (didn't even get to me; a very rare occurrence apparently) refunded by NewEgg after UPS updated it.10391456_10152256139019211_6482017546988846652_n.jpg

Ordered from NewEgg again (right image) Right now, it's in Ontario, CA! I live in LA so that's very near. :D It's supposed to arrive on Monday but it might get here tomorrow.

On another note, for those of you who have had the Lumia for a while, what's the best deal for a memory card in Amazon? I'm thinking 64 GB. Also, I've seen some posts here that say 128 GB works. Is that for real? If so, does it perform well (no lags while video taking or saving, etc), and would you kindly post a link. Thank you! :D

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
On another note, for those of you who have had the Lumia for a while, what's the best deal for a memory card in Amazon? I'm thinking 64 GB. Also, I've seen some posts here that say 128 GB works. Is that for real? If so, does it perform well (no lags while video taking or saving, etc), and would you kindly post a link. Thank you! :D

I went with a 128gb and it's working fine--no lags that I've noticed.

Amazon.com: SanDisk Ultra 128GB MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS Memory Card Speed Up To 30MB/s With Adapter - SDSDQUA-128G-G46A: Computers & Accessories

David Ibarra2

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
I ordered my Nokia Lumia 1520.3 from Newegg on Friday and paid for next day. It arrived at my office on Monday, unit was sealed. No issues with set up.

I was expecting some ordeal with Newegg but everything is good

Now to wait for CYAN I suppose

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I ordered my Nokia Lumia 1520.3 from Newegg on Friday and paid for next day. It arrived at my office on Monday, unit was sealed. No issues with set up.

I was expecting some ordeal with Newegg but everything is good

Now to wait for CYAN I suppose

Glad your transaction went so well. My overnight shipping took eight days.

TechoGeek

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Ok, is anyone else upset that AT&T apparently has released the 8.1 Cyan update but we're still waiting? Updates was a big reason I went with this version. I've been using the Cyan update app to check the release schedule, but when I enter Spain for the region nothing comes up.

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Ok, is anyone else upset that AT&T apparently has released the 8.1 Cyan update but we're still waiting? Updates was a big reason I went with this version. I've been using the Cyan update app to check the release schedule, but when I enter Spain for the region nothing comes up.

AT&T (nor any other carrier) has anything to do with updates on the 1520.3.

Edit: I'm slow. Now I get what you're saying. Yes I am upset that the carrier released the firmware before the CV was released. AT&T no less. :(

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

Yup, I'm pretty upset. I do like the phone but I've already been thinking of ditching it for a 930 because of the swipe/tap bug. This doesn't help any internal "keep your 1520.3" argument I might have.

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Is anyone really anticipating a great difference once you get Cyan if you are already running 8.1? I don't think it's going to be that significant--at least not for the way I use the phone. It would be different if I was stuck on 8.0 waiting for 8.1. So I'm not stressing--it comes when it comes.

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Part of my attitude comes from six years of Android use where I eagerly waited the next release. Then I would play with the new features, say "how cool that I can do this", and then rarely use some of the "gee whiz" features (like split screen). Don't get me wrong--I want to see the update; however, I'm still very happy with this phone and have no plans to change anytime soon.

AlexanderJJJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Has the Lumia 1520.3 received the 8.1 update? Heard that it's not being pushed out to people who have the Developer Preview installed but has anyone with 8.0 received the update?

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Has the Lumia 1520.3 received the 8.1 update? Heard that it's not being pushed out to people who have the Developer Preview installed but has anyone with 8.0 received the update?

I was just about to post and ask if anyone with the 1520.3 has rolled back to 8.0. If anyone has, is Cyan available for you?

I'll give a try when I get some time later.

Xideran

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Well, after half a month's wait, I finally got my yellow unicorn. I had to pick it up from UPS.

I've never upgraded to 8.1. I just used the Spanish hack to enable tethering. So, right now, my version is the latest black. there's no update just yet. For reference, I got my unicorn from newegg and it's the Latin America version as well. I'll just wait for the official rollout as this is my first windows phone after my Symbian belle N8. I like it so far and I don't see any problems.

The only caveat prolly is the screen touch thing but you get used to it. Most of the time it's just me clumsily bumping my finger on the screen. Haha

Last edited:

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I just went through the listings on Nokia's website. They show the country variant for the 1520 released in Finland, Hungary, India, and Taiwan. It's still pretty limited.