Lumia 1520.3 w/ AWS, 700Mhz and QI

AkAdam

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
If one of you guys are on T-mobile in the US can you confirm if the Spanish Keyboard hack is required again to get WiFi tethering working? Thanks in advance!

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I think I'm going to hold off for awhile. I just read an article that say MSFT will release an update at some point for those already on 8.1. I'm pretty happy with the phone as is so I can wait a little. I would be interested in hearing what differences folks notice who were already running 8.1. For those of you that held out, congrats. I think you're gonna love 8.1!

Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, TX

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
If one of you guys are on T-mobile in the US can you confirm if the Spanish Keyboard hack is required again to get WiFi tethering working? Thanks in advance!

Critical question!!! I use it everyday at work to power this iPad I'm typing on.

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I was thinking of holding off too, but I want my fitbit to sync with my phone ;)

Funny you should mention that because I was thinking about it after reading up on the Fitbit app now available. I don't have one but I've been considering it. I walk three miles a day and this morning I manually counted my steps coming back from the 1.5 mile turnaround. I took 2800 steps. I had to count to 100 and hit the lap counter on my watch each 100. FitBit would have been easier. :)

TechoGeek

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I was thinking of holding off too, but I want my fitbit to sync with my phone ;)

LMAO, that's the app I was upset I couldn't download yesterday because I was on 8.0, now my Fitbit One can sync without me carrying my Nexus 7. My phone did a large update which I thought was Cyan and 8.1 but when it restarted it stated " You are now up to date and ready to install new updates like 8.1". I checked and it was still on Black so I don't know what update was. I then went back into update phone and the second update specifically stated windows 8.1 with all the legal stuff to approve. This update is also taking a lot more time to download and install, it said it could possibly be more than 30 minutes in total.

TheBadGuy_88

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I recently caught that fitbit and 635 deal at the Microsoft store so I'm looking forward to the fitbit app myself... I'm pumped! I downgraded my phone to 8.0 yesterday and it made the 1520 feel so doofy! and uninspiring. I'm downloading and installing CYAN right now! I'm doing a clean install and manual downloading of all my apps! I want the new phone experience! so that everything can settle nicely , and I can point and laugh at the inevitable wave of people frustrated because their old data isn't playing nice with their new O.S.!

I got my popcorn ready, this is gonna be good!

enroh_mada

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Phone feels so much smoother with the Cyan update. Loving my phone even more now!

Agreed 100%. Wish the default office and nokia tiles were transparent though (yes I know about the 3rd party apps)...and not really related but they need to fix the Photos/OneDrive albums bug in the latest version of OneDrive.

TechoGeek

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone completed the update using the AT&T network and managed to get internet sharing working? I now get the call AT&T at 611 caption when I try to activate it.

teranceo

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
My phone just went back to the home screen and scrolled to the bottom all by itself while I was in settings -_-. This has never happened before. Only previous problem with my phone was the swipe/tap/scroll bug. Really hope that was just some kinda strange one-off.
It's happened to me twice now. One time when I was checking the downloads of apps and the other when it was just on the home screen. Both times it was installing apps so let's hope this doesn't continue, or if it does, something simple like a restart fixes it.

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
I'm by no means an expert on the frequencies available in Latin America. But I live in Guatemala. When I looked at this year's ago, I was certain my AT&T phones would work in Central America. And it does, I'm typing this now on my AT&T now.

So, I'm fairly certain, that because this phone works on both T-Mobile and AT&T frequencies, it will work in Central America, maybe even better with the T-Mobile frequencies.

As for the rest of Latin America, namely South America, I simply don't know. But seems to me Latin America follows US frequencies.

You can always double check the frequencies in the countries you live or travel. It's available on the Web.

I hope that helps.

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Well, I said I was going to hold off downloading the developer's preview, then I did it about two hours later. I'm getting the bug to get Cyan but I'd really like to hear from someone on T-Mo that Internet Sharing still works. Anyone????

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Early this morning Nokia Care asked me to DM them my IMEI number as well as where I purchased the device. Did that, and just a while ago they asked me to also send my name and location -_-. Not sure how that'll help them answer my question, but I sent that info as well. Waiting to hear back.

Looks like your twitter inquiry opened the floodgates. CV firmware being released all over now. :D

For what it's worth, I also tweeted NokiaUS about the RM-938. Maybe the repeated questioning made them flip the switch finally. Who knows. The next round of updates should be more telling. :)

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I have fat fingers so I miss-hit all the time but that's hopefully a 1-off....8.1 is installing now here....hopefully Cyan thereafter

It definitely did it on its own, but it hasn't since. Gave it a reboot and have been playing with the phone for hours, it didn't happen again thankfully.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Looks like your twitter inquiry opened the floodgates. CV firmware being released all over now. :D

For what it's worth, I also tweeted NokiaUS about the RM-938. Maybe the repeated questioning made them flip the switch finally. Who knows. The next round of updates should be more telling. :)

Haha, yeah I doubt one inquiry alone would have made the difference. I'm glad you contacted them too, as it's the only way to get answers from them sometimes. I'm guessing there were others as well. It probably helped! They were actually very responsive, even if their initial reply was so generic.