Lumia 1520.3 w/ AWS, 700Mhz and QI

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
OK, for that price I could not resist. I was waiting for the 1525 but whatever... Worst comes to worst I'll sell this and get the 1525.

Placed order from bhphotovideo that matched newegg's price but seems to me to have a better return policy than newegg. They were also offering a free 8GB microSD card but had run out of stock so no card for me. No biggie.

Ready for my unicorn!!! :D

TechoGeek

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Lost tethering on AT&T also. Worked well on 8 and DP 8.1. Hope someone can find a solution!

I hope so too, I've done two hard resets and went completely back to 8.0 and did the upgrade again but it still doesn't work. While I was back on 8.0 I checked and it did still work while on that. They changed something with 8.1 so AT&T can stop you. Maybe it's time for me to give T-Mobile a shot. I've checked and see they have unlimited data which is the only reason I've stayed with AT&T, and I could use on an upcoming international trip. The only other negative thing for me after the update was losing the free gameloft games that was part of the recent promotion.

weisman87

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone had a problem with their 1520.3 being stuck in airplane mode after updating to Cyan? I can't get this fixed. 8.0 works perfectly when reverting with the tool so it's not a hardware problem.

gladesmellzgood

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Looks like Newegg is running a deal on all three colors for $519.99 plus an extra $25 off with a coupon code displayed on each product page.

White model

Yellow model

Black model

DO NOT purchase this device from NewEgg because there return policy is seriously awful. And if your device has a defect they wont even send you a new one. My mic just stopped working well and people could barely hear me at all. Even when talking directly into the mic they said I sounded extremely low. The only remedy was to switch the call to speakerphone, Bluetooth, or headphones. Had this defect confirmed at the T-Mobile store and by Nokia USA who would not give me another device because it's not meant for the US market. So I tried to hard reset the device a couple of times and even do a restore with Nokia's windows software. Nothing worked at all. So I finally got NewEgg to accept the RMA since they kept trying to shovel me to call Nokia USA and I told them Nokia wasn't going to do anything. That they would have to honor their RMA since I purchased the device from them brand new and after waiting a whole week I received an email from them saying that nothing is wrong with my device plus it would take another 1-2 weeks to even receive the damn broken phone. Serious F**k this company I will never ever ever purchase something from them again.

teranceo

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
DO NOT purchase this device from NewEgg because there return policy is seriously awful. And if your device has a defect they wont even send you a new one. My mic just stopped working well and people could barely hear me at all. Even when talking directly into the mic they said I sounded extremely low. The only remedy was to switch the call to speakerphone, Bluetooth, or headphones. Had this defect confirmed at the T-Mobile store and by Nokia USA who would not give me another device because it's not meant for the US market. So I tried to hard reset the device a couple of times and even do a restore with Nokia's windows software. Nothing worked at all. So I finally got NewEgg to accept the RMA since they kept trying to shovel me to call Nokia USA and I told them Nokia wasn't going to do anything. That they would have to honor their RMA since I purchased the device from them brand new and after waiting a whole week I received an email from them saying that nothing is wrong with my device plus it would take another 1-2 weeks to even receive the damn broken phone. Serious F**k this company I will never ever ever purchase something from them again.

As Nimdock noted B&H has it for the same price and a better return policy. That's definitely worrying that Nokia US won't cover the warranty even though it shows as being under warranty through the Nokia site but maybe you have to live in the country it's meant for to be covered.

bassoprofundo

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Folks having the tethering issue on AT&T... Do you have a plan on AT&T that includes tethering, or are you still on the older individual and/or unlimited plans? I was considering snagging one of these and ditching my AT&T model but don't want to lose what I'm legitimately paying for (I'm on a Mobile Share 15gb plan) just to gain Qi and such.

Tracy Daken

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone had a problem with their 1520.3 being stuck in airplane mode after updating to Cyan? I can't get this fixed. 8.0 works perfectly when reverting with the tool so it's not a hardware problem.
If you use the tool to upgrade to a rm-937 model, this will happen. Yours is a rm 938.

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
That's definitely worrying that Nokia US won't cover the warranty even though it shows as being under warranty through the Nokia site but maybe you have to live in the country it's meant for to be covered.

Yea, this is a little disconcerting. I've owned a half-dozen high end phones with no problem, but there's always a first time. I decided to buy a Square Trade warranty on this one. It will be interesting to see how they handle this one if I need to use it.

Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, TX

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site

Damn, tell me your kidding! I have a request submitted to send mine in for repairs. I have stuck pixel, my volume buttons and power buttons are now recessed on the phone making it hard to hit them. Also having problems with my mic and I also want to have them to try and alleviate the scroll/tap bug. But, it sounds like you went through exactly what I did as for them verifying it's in warranty and telling me to send it in. WTF! Should I not even waste my time sending it in to Nokia? I may just call the company I have the warranty through..protect your bubble.

Kacey Green

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I can confirm Internet sharing works after cyan on T-Mo Joy.
same with ATT after downgrade from Dev Preview, upgrade, reset, restore, re-enroll dev preview, previously didn't work without the Spanish keyboard trick, and resetting on Dev Preview previously stuck it with no tethering. Now it's great!

infinitelurker

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
same with ATT after downgrade from Dev Preview, upgrade, reset, restore, re-enroll dev preview, previously didn't work without the Spanish keyboard trick, and resetting on Dev Preview previously stuck it with no tethering. Now it's great!

Could you detail those steps out a bit for us please? :smile: Are you saying you're on AT&T and have tethering working now?

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Dave, let us know how this goes! I did this same thing and after getting on Cyan/8.1, my phone won't exit airplane mode.

Done! Looks good and Internet Sharing works! So is it the consensus I should do a hard rest before proceeding any further?

Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, TX