Lumia 1520.3 w/ AWS, 700Mhz and QI

mattdistro

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I figured B&H would match the Newegg price, they usually do. Also keep in mind they have free expedited shipping.

EDIT: They're throwing in a free 8GB microSD card too.

2lt3n1s.png

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, when I ordered they said the card was out of stock so I didn't get one.

Right now my unicorn is showing as out for delivery. :cool:

For anyone else that ordered from B&H... Did they require signature for delivery? I may need to leave my apartment a couple of times and don't want to miss it!! :grincry:

dark77star203489

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,

I have a 1520.3 on AT&T, just upgraded to 8.1. After upgrading, the wireless tethering did not work. Many steps were taken, but none worked. Prior to 8.1, I was able to use the installation of the Spanish language keyboard to enable tethering. After 8.1, it never worked.

I called at&t, who said that Windows phones "use a completely different way to access the internet as opposed to iPhones". He then mentioned that my settings were still set up as an iPhone account, not a Windows Phone. He switched the settings and I restarted my phone with a power cycle. As soon as the phone restarted, internet sharing / tethering worked perfectly.

I do not have unlimited service, but rather I have one of the newer mobile share plans with tethering built in.

I hope this information is valuable to everyone.

Best regards,
Eric

chferg

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Mattysbrs I was thinking about getting one today, how many things did you have to change like that?
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Tapatalk

John Mark Dyer

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I know some of you on T-Mobile have already mentioned it, but I just want to confirm that internet sharing works flawlessly with Cyan. No Spanish keyboard trick required and the best part is that you can hard reset from within 8.1 now to restore your backup without messing up internet sharing. It was a pain to get working and keep working in the DP of 8.1. Honestly, this was a pleasant surprise as I wasn't expecting the Cyan firmware to fix these issues. I've re-activated my DP app so I'll receive 8.1 Update 1 this upcoming week. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope it doesn't mess it all up again. My thinking is that it shouldn't since the firmware and software updates are separate, but I'll let you guys know how it goes.

christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, did you have to do anything special after you updated, or did it just work right after the update? I've gone back to 8.0 for now but my try to update again over the weekend. I really want my internet sharing and a few games I play had major stuttering on 8.1.

Nothing special. It was still working after the update.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Noticing proximity sensor issues ever since the Cyan upgrade. Phone stays lit while on speaker phone. Never used to do that. Minor issue.. doesn't bother me much.

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I've re-activated my DP app so I'll receive 8.1 Update 1 this upcoming week. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope it doesn't mess it all up again. My thinking is that it shouldn't since the firmware and software updates are separate, but I'll let you guys know how it goes.
I'm debating doing the same thing. I'll be glad to let you play the role of crash test dummy! 😏

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I forgot to mention I was freaking out when I got it because I saw a small notch at the bottom of the screen to find out later that it was for the microphone. :sweaty:

Timbre70

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I forgot to mention I was freaking out when I got it because I saw a small notch at the bottom of the screen to find out later that it was for the microphone. :sweaty:

me too! Upon closer inspection, it's smooth, rounded and looks it's designed and cut that way. What a relieve. Lol....