Lumia 1520.3 w/ AWS, 700Mhz and QI

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Just a follow-up on my car hands-free system. I deleted a bunch of contacts and reloaded them. Everything worked fine yesterday but when I tried this morning, it reverted back to not working. I'm stumped.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't want to read through all the post on here :) it might take me days to re-read all the post.

Does the 1520.3 able to upgrade to 8.1.1 and to Cyan. I assume this phone that everyone has received is the South American version... Any insight would be much appreciated :)

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I don't want to read through all the post on here :) it might take me days to re-read all the post.

Does the 1520.3 able to upgrade to 8.1.1 and to Cyan. I assume this phone that everyone has received is the South American version... Any insight would be much appreciated :)

Yes, you can update to Cyan and run the Developer's Preview 8.1 with the recent update. As of a week ago, you had to be on 8.0 to update to Cyan. That's supposedly going to change but I don't know if it has yet.

Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, TX

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes, you can update to Cyan and run the Developer's Preview 8.1 with the recent update. As of a week ago, you had to be on 8.0 to update to Cyan. That's supposedly going to change but I don't know if it has yet.

Last question: What kind of sim card does the 1520 use? Same as the iPhone?

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

taphius

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
Looks like Negrielectronics decided to up and leave, make sure if you have any outstanding issues to dispute them right now. Unresponsive to service requests, help desk states its offline and multiple people have taking issue with this on their facebook with no Response.

Just an FYI.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I've been experiencing unusual battery drain (relatively speaking) the past few days. I checked Battery Saver and I don't seem to have any unusual background activity. Also did a standard reboot which didn't seem to change things. Wonder what's going on.

Amr Monzir

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Yes, you will be able to make calls as well. The 1520.3 is fully compatible with your use case.

By the way, all you need is the regular international version of the Lumia 1520, the RM-937 variant. No sense spending more on the RM-938 (1520.3) if you can find the RM-937 for cheaper. It'll even be compatible with LTE in your region if your carrier has it. The RM-937 has built-in Qi charging and 32GB internal storage just like the RM-938.

Thanks so much! you really relieved me... i thought that the at&t version is the international one... Thanks a lot!

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I've been experiencing unusual battery drain (relatively speaking) the past few days. I checked Battery Saver and I don't seem to have any unusual background activity. Also did a standard reboot which didn't seem to change things. Wonder what's going on.

I think (hope) I found the culprit. I noticed my Yahoo Mail account wasn't showing any new messages for a while, so I had to manually enter that account to see that there was a problem syncing it (wish it proactively alerted you). This is something that has always happened for me from time-to-time on Windows Phone, but only with Yahoo - so perhaps the problem is on their end. I've never found a permanent solution aside from deleting the account then adding it again anew, so that's what I did and it's syncing fine. Hopefully that was what was draining the battery.

riverajr_luis

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Can someone explain the warranty issue with owning a 1520.3 within the U.S.? From other post it sounds like Nokia USA will not honor there manufacturers warranty. If this is true, has anyone tried getting warranted repairs from Latin America?
I would like to know what my options are as I will be receiving one from Newegg; which turns out does not have the best return policy. I'm also considering a third party insurance/service plan.
Any information or leads on this would be really helpful as I am an unlocked phone newbie.
Thanks in advance and really excited about getting this phone in the mail.

gladesmellzgood

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Can someone explain the warranty issue with owning a 1520.3 within the U.S.? From other post it sounds like Nokia USA will not honor there manufacturers warranty. If this is true, has anyone tried getting warranted repairs from Latin America?
I would like to know what my options are as I will be receiving one from Newegg; which turns out does not have the best return policy. I'm also considering a third party insurance/service plan.
Any information or leads on this would be really helpful as I am an unlocked phone newbie.
Thanks in advance and really excited about getting this phone in the mail.

Nokia US will not cover this phone and I'm unsure if sending it to Mexico would work. If you open the device the chance of a refund from them is extremely unlikely. If you absolutely want to keep it I would definitely get a warranty through square trade. I actually got a refund from NewEgg after fighting and fighting with them. After this experience I'm just going to wait and hope that t-mobile releases a high end windows phone with an sd card slot.

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I went with a Square Trade warranty. They have lowered their deductible, and if you catch them during one of their 30% off days, it's reasonalbe--a lot cheaper than paying a carrier $5-$7 a month.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I went with a Square Trade warranty. They have lowered their deductible, and if you catch them during one of their 30% off days, it's reasonalbe--a lot cheaper than paying a carrier $5-$7 a month.
I got my 1520.3 from B&H since they had the best price and a 3 month warranty. Not really sure I want/need more but how does one catch a 30% off day?

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I think (hope) I found the culprit. I noticed my Yahoo Mail account wasn't showing any new messages for a while, so I had to manually enter that account to see that there was a problem syncing it (wish it proactively alerted you). This is something that has always happened for me from time-to-time on Windows Phone, but only with Yahoo - so perhaps the problem is on their end. I've never found a permanent solution aside from deleting the account then adding it again anew, so that's what I did and it's syncing fine. Hopefully that was what was draining the battery.

That's strange when I have issues with my yahoo account once or twice in the last two months my 1520 (ATT) gives me an attention required alert and either a soft reset or re-entering the password in settings for yahoo email does the trick. Sometimes I have to go in and do the same with the yahoo account in outlook settings (Office 2007) Thinking about switching to Office 365.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
That's strange when I have issues with my yahoo account once or twice in the last two months my 1520 (ATT) gives me an attention required alert and either a soft reset or re-entering the password in settings for yahoo email does the trick. Sometimes I have to go in and do the same with the yahoo account in outlook settings (Office 2007) Thinking about switching to Office 365.

Interesting. I think it may provide a toast notification but I just never happen to catch it by chance. Turns out Yahoo Mail was indeed the issue. All is fine again and battery life is back to its stellar self.