Lumia 1520.3 w/ AWS, 700Mhz and QI

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Ditto. That's a relief--at least at face value. I hope I don't ever have to know for sure.

Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, TX

Mine seems to be under warranty in the U.S. according to the site as well. Let's hope we never have to find out whether it really is or not.

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
One thing that I find strange is that on one hand, I have the tap/swipe problem (minimal), but on the other hand, I.have to poke the screen very hard to wake the phone with double tap. Is anyone else experiencing that?

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
One thing that I find strange is that on one hand, I have the tap/swipe problem (minimal), but on the other hand, I.have to poke the screen very hard to wake the phone with double tap. Is anyone else experiencing that?

I've read that quite a bit on here. I don't seem to have that issue. Double tap is quite consistent with light to moderate touch. I wonder if the interaction between Glance and double-tap to wake has anything to do with it. Do you have Glance set to 'always on'?

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I've read that quite a bit on here. I don't seem to have that issue. Double tap is quite consistent with light to moderate touch. I wonder if the interaction between Glance and double-tap to wake has anything to do with it. Do you have Glance set to 'always on'?

Yep, always on. And I have the touch sensitivity set to NORMAL. I'll play around with those and see if it makes a difference, and then decide where to leave things after testing. I like having Glance on in the car because the phone where mounted blocks the clock. I guess I could look at my watch instead. :)

JTDraper

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

Yah, I have that exact same problem. I get an occasional tap/swipe glitch, but nearly every time I use double-tap to wake the device, I have to do it more than once to get it to respond.

-- JT

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Yep, always on. And I have the touch sensitivity set to NORMAL. I'll play around with those and see if it makes a difference, and then decide where to leave things after testing. I like having Glance on in the car because the phone where mounted blocks the clock. I guess I could look at my watch instead. :)

Hmm, those are the same settings I use without any double tap issues... Glance Always On, Sensitivity is Normal. What about capacitve button vibration? Mine is set to Off.

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Hmm, those are the same settings I use without any double tap issues... Glance Always On, Sensitivity is Normal. What about capacitve button vibration? Mine is set to Off.

Mine was on. I turned it off and it didn't seem to make a difference. Also need to add that it isn't consistent. Sometimes it works on the first attempt, but more often then not, it doesn't. No biggie--small annoyance.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Odd. Stupid question, but are you sure it was on the charger properly? I ask because I once had it on the wireless charging stand but it turned out the back of the phone wasn't properly flush with the stand and it failed to charge.

Second question: Any chance that the electrical outlet your wireless charger is using is erratic at all?

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I think the latter is most likely the culprit--a shaky power strip. I've moved the charger to a wall outlet. Hopefully, that's the fix.

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
That's not true. I know even some stores say that but another member had his repaired by Nokia US so I used Nokia US' warranty checker and my 1520.3 IMEI says its under warranty in the US.

Could you name "said" user that had their phone repaired by Nokia US? I almost sent mine to them for repairs, but my 920s sim slot got messed up by an adapter. I haven't fixed it as I didn't think they'd don the repair. If I can find out they will for sure, I'll get a move on fixing it so that I'm not without a phone.

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I used that Location-based feature with Cortana today. I asked to be reminded to do something when I got home, and about 10'seconds after walking in the door, she did just that! Cool AND practical!

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Could you name "said" user that had their phone repaired by Nokia US? I almost sent mine to them for repairs, but my 920s sim slot got messed up by an adapter. I haven't fixed it as I didn't think they'd don the repair. If I can find out they will for sure, I'll get a move on fixing it so that I'm not without a phone.
That turned out to be not true. Someone posted in a 1520 thread that he got his repaired. Then later when questioned he said he has a 1320. The user was Sgtxxxx or Ssgtxxxx. But the Nokia US IMEI check for coverage says my 1520.3 is under US warranty.

As for the sim slot being messed up. I had the same thing happen to my 925. I took it to a repair shop and they said Nokia would ALMOST certainly fix it under warranty. But the shop fixed it for $20 while I waited. Was so happy to get it done fast that I gave the guy a 100% tip. LoL It had a broken and a bent pin from a nano-SIM adapter getting hung up on them.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Just had a very random camera launch on my 1520 while writing a text message. I've read that touch issues on the 1520 progressively get worse with time, but this never happened before the 8.1/Cyan update. Definitely hope it was a one-off.

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
That turned out to be not true. Someone posted in a 1520 thread that he got his repaired. Then later when questioned he said he has a 1320. The user was Sgtxxxx or Ssgtxxxx. But the Nokia US IMEI check for coverage says my 1520.3 is under US warranty.

As for the sim slot being messed up. I had the same thing happen to my 925. I took it to a repair shop and they said Nokia would ALMOST certainly fix it under warranty. But the shop fixed it for $20 while I waited. Was so happy to get it done fast that I gave the guy a 100% tip. LoL It had a broken and a bent pin from a nano-SIM adapter getting hung up on them.

Ah, ok. Thanks a lot for detailing out the specifics for me. I'll probably take it by a repair shop by me this weekend and get it done, then make the attempt to send it to Nokia US for repairs. I did question the folks at customer service for Nokia and they simply asked if I purchased it in the US and if so, I should be fine. Guess we'll see as it wouldn't be the first time a customer service rep gave bad info (or knew exactly what they were talking about). :wink:

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I've been getting some random camera launches lately. I'm not positive yet but I think it only happens when I have WhatsApp open. This has never been an issue before, but has certainly happened a couple of times over the past few days. Just did a soft reset and will report back.

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
One thing I've noticed over time is that I got a better signal and data throughput on T-Mobile with my Note. I (and other phone geeks at work) refer to out restrooms as hotspots because the data signal in the stall by the wall was good. It's not nearly as good with the 1520. It's not that big of a deal but it's noticeable.