battery life doubt 1520

akthelonelyman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
hi this is my first smartphone so i dont really have a great idea what to expect from a smartphone battery. have been using it for almost a month.

i watched a 1hr 40 min std.definition movie yesterday with screen on full brightness{via moliplayer settings} and with headset and 32% battery was used.{started at 67% by end of the movie it was 35%}.means u can watch approximately 4.5 hr

i usually use wifi for browsing and it consumes an average of 10-14% an hour which means approximately 8-9 hrs of browsing.
is that normal for 1520?
i know gsm arena gives 12 hrs of continous video but when i checked their battery life test it is done in airplane mode with 50% brightness{i prefer 100% when watching the movie}.

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
The battery will adjust after a few fully completed charging cycles. Almost everyone is reporting that on this forum. Give it a few days and full charging cycles and see if that makes a difference. My battery lasts a full day with about 15-20% left to spare at the end of the day with intense usage.

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
The battery will adjust after a few fully completed charging cycles. Almost everyone is reporting that on this forum. Give it a few days and full charging cycles and see if that makes a difference. My battery lasts a full day with about 15-20% left to spare at the end of the day with intense usage.

Didn't OP mentioned that she is using it for almost a month?

@OP, That is the price you have to pay for using full brightness. Are you also watching movie with full volume (30/30)?

akthelonelyman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site

:winktongue: default reply?

akthelonelyman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Didn't OP mentioned that she is using it for almost a month?

@OP, That is the price you have to pay for using full brightness. Are you also watching movie with full volume (30/30)?

yeah i guess full brightness takes its toll ,but in that screen it is wow. :smile: yeah with headset volume at 20-22

but browsing is at low brightness

rbiasca

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Web browsing kills battery. On any device browsing will use way more battery than even watching a video at the same brightness level. It actually takes quite a bit of power to render all those web pages.

Jarip

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
yeah but the condition is different..airplane mode and 50% brightness..i want to know if the battery life im getting on my phone is normal

Honestly, it is not easy to know ... it is depending on so many things, like that app, file format, true resolution, bit and frame rates and used codec ... you might get different results even using the same video file through Moliplayer Pro and default MS music + video player ...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte