04-04-2015 10:29 PM
102 1234 ...
tools
    Ask ye shall receive:

I found the test results from the App kind of interesting and I suspect that the Bus is a big limiting factor since I know on a fast interface the card can do (and does) considerably better.

(Thanks for the App suggestion BTW, Been looking for something like that - Michael)

Attachment 59326
    Excellent result! My Ultra 64Gb shows around 5.5-6.0! And I have stuttering when recording video on my 1520. Definitely will buy 128gb version!
    03-12-2014 06:12 AM
    Just curious...for those who are already receiving their 128GB cards from Amazon, when did you order them? I ordered mine the day they were listed on Slickdeals, and it still shows Mar 25 delivery.
    03-12-2014 06:33 AM
    Ask ye shall receive:

I found the test results from the App kind of interesting and I suspect that the Bus is a big limiting factor since I know on a fast interface the card can do (and does) considerably better.

(Thanks for the App suggestion BTW, Been looking for something like that - Michael)

That app is in no way accurate. When I ran it it told me my phone memory write speed was 60 MBs. I have an Sandisk Extreme card and it showed my write speed as 10.57 MBs. The card is rated as 50 MBs write speed. There may be a bottle neck in the system but even the app states when it does it's write tests it cannot bypassed the file system cache. Not sure what these numbers are but they are not the true naked write speeds.
    03-12-2014 07:38 AM
    i don't have it '-'
    03-12-2014 07:56 AM
    Not that I am interested in traffic or trains (Well maybe the trains lol) But it would be nice to see it..... I took a 28 minute video @1080 and it froze my 1520 and did not recover. Not sure if it was the card (Worked great on my laptop) But they replaced the phone.
    I'll see if I can upload some video recorded to the SanDisk card later today on a OneDrive share.

- Michael
    03-12-2014 11:52 AM
    Just curious...for those who are already receiving their 128GB cards from Amazon, when did you order them? I ordered mine the day they were listed on Slickdeals, and it still shows Mar 25 delivery.
    I ordered mine within an hour or so after the Amazon page went up (3/5); figured the 1st batch would sell fast...
    03-12-2014 11:55 AM
    I ordered mine the day I saw it was available, which according to my email archives was Feb 25). I received mine on Monday this week.
    03-12-2014 12:58 PM
    Not that I am interested in traffic or trains (Well maybe the trains lol) But it would be nice to see it..... I took a 28 minute video @1080 and it froze my 1520 and did not recover. Not sure if it was the card (Worked great on my laptop) But they replaced the phone.
    OK, I've posted two videos that were recorded directly to the 128GB Sandisk Card. One was at 1080p/30fps and the other was at 720p/30fps. Both are between 5-6 minutes in length. I'll keep them available for as long as I don't need the OneDrive Space.

http://1drv.ms/1fqGGQS

If anyone has any trouble accessing them just let me know.

- Michael
    oditius and GSOgymrat like this.
    03-12-2014 01:45 PM
    That app is in no way accurate. When I ran it it told me my phone memory write speed was 60 MBs. I have an Sandisk Extreme card and it showed my write speed as 10.57 MBs. The card is rated as 50 MBs write speed. There may be a bottle neck in the system but even the app states when it does it's write tests it cannot bypassed the file system cache. Not sure what these numbers are but they are not the true naked write speeds.
    I just ran it and I have a SanDisk extreme plus, my score was 8.63 MBs and my phone memory was only I'm the 30s.......wtf lol
    03-12-2014 02:48 PM
    I just ran it and I have a SanDisk extreme plus, my score was 8.63 MBs and my phone memory was only I'm the 30s.......wtf lol
    While I'm not sure of the accuracy of the App (although if it is off I don't think it's by a whole lot) I would recommend running the app a few times to eliminate as much variation in CPU and Background Task interference as possible. Usually when I'm benchmarking something I kill all killable running apps and do 3 passes. You'd be surprised at how variation there can be sometimes.
    03-12-2014 03:30 PM
    Sandisk Ultra 64 Gb: 6,20 Mbs ... Lumia 1520 internal memory: 34,25 Mbs (2nd run: 55,45 Mbs)

Well, I will recheck after WP 8.1 - it might change something :)
    03-12-2014 03:49 PM
    Thanks for the responses :)
    03-13-2014 01:53 AM
    You are no right. Vendor's speed of card is the maximum speed that this card can reach. A lot of things can slow down your writing speed (SD Card interface, CPU, Battery level and so on). This app writes 500Mb file to SD card and calculate time taken to finish. Now just simple mathematics and you got your real interface speed. And do not forget that this is mobile device :) It should not as fast as PC with USB 3.0 interface.

Why a lot of users with Ultra card (30mb write speed) have stuttering while video recording? Just because interface+(other things)+sd card not always produce maximum speed.
    03-13-2014 02:47 PM
    For a point of reference tested with a Sandisk Extreme Pro 64GB card:

SD Write speed: 10.55Mbs
    Phone memory write speed: 79.52Mbs

FWIW I ran the test 3 times, the highest speed recorded for the SD write speed was 10.92Mbs, the lowest 10.51Mbs.
    03-13-2014 05:35 PM
    I have googeld but couldn't find the official bus speed for 1520. Anybody knows the Vendor/Nokia numbers for read/write speed to MicroSDXC card incise 1520?
    03-14-2014 10:22 AM
    I have googeld but couldn't find the official bus speed for 1520. Anybody knows the Vendor/Nokia numbers for read/write speed to MicroSDXC card incise 1520?
    Try "binging".
    03-14-2014 10:26 AM
    There may be a bottle neck...
    You are no right. Vendor's speed of card is the maximum speed that this card can reach. A lot of things can slow down your writing speed (SD Card interface, CPU, Battery level and so on). This app writes 500Mb file to SD card and calculate time taken to finish. Now just simple mathematics and you got your real interface speed. And do not forget that this is mobile device :) It should not as fast as PC with USB 3.0 interface.

Why a lot of users with Ultra card (30mb write speed) have stuttering while video recording? Just because interface+(other things)+sd card not always produce maximum speed.
    I believe that is what I said... with fewer words. And there are nonPCs that write much faster than 10, 20 or even 30 MB/s per a second. I addressed that in another thread and posted a table with hard numbers.

Again that was covered long ago. Sandisk Ultra cards at least in the older smaller capacities seemed to have more issues than similarly rated cards. Personally I would not be an early adopter of anything that says "Sandisk Ultra" on it for critical "high" MB applications such as HD video.
    03-14-2014 03:37 PM
    I believe that is what I said... with fewer words. And there are nonPCs that write much faster than 10, 20 or even 30 MB/s per a second. I addressed that in another thread and posted a table with hard numbers.

Again that was covered long ago. Sandisk Ultra cards at least in the older smaller capacities seemed to have more issues than similarly rated cards. Personally I would not be an early adopter of anything that says "Sandisk Ultra" on it for critical "high" MB applications such as HD video.
    Excuse me, I somehow missed it :)

And here is separate app for testing SD card only.

SD Card Speed | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    03-14-2014 04:03 PM
    Excuse me, I somehow missed it :)
    Lol. No problem. I had to research SD cards and bus speeds for some technical video crap I was doing.

And here is separate app for testing SD card only.

SD Card Speed | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    Thanks! I'll check it out.
    03-14-2014 06:26 PM
    Did anyone notice that Amazon upped the price to 229.99? Seriously glad I got mine when I did....

Amazon.com: SanDisk Ultra 128 GB microSDXC UHS-I Card with Adapter (SDSDQUA-128G-G46A): Computers & Accessories
    03-21-2014 10:43 PM
    Did anyone notice that Amazon upped the price to 229.99? Seriously glad I got mine when I did....

Amazon.com: SanDisk Ultra 128 GB microSDXC UHS-I Card with Adapter (SDSDQUA-128G-G46A): Computers & Accessories
    That's how it goes when you hype up a product. That's almost a doubling
    03-22-2014 05:50 AM

Amazon did not up the price. Amazon is no longer directly selling it. If you look closer, you see Amazon is fulfilling from a Marketplace seller. THEY are the ones setting the price.
    03-22-2014 08:42 AM

I order mine from Amazon, but from other seller and it cost 139$. Glad I did it :) 230$ is too much for it
    03-22-2014 09:14 AM
    Amazon did not up the price. Amazon is no longer directly selling it. If you look closer, you see Amazon is fulfilling from a Marketplace seller. THEY are the ones setting the price.
    I saw that Amazon is using a fulfillment company instead. Net result is the same though, as there is no longer a way to buy it from Amazon at the $119.99.

In 6 months I imagine it will be $99.99 but for now I would be hard for me to say to anyone "buy it"
    03-22-2014 10:39 AM
    I saw that Amazon is using a fulfillment company instead. Net result is the same though, as there is no longer a way to buy it from Amazon at the $119.99.

In 6 months I imagine it will be $99.99 but for now I would be hard for me to say to anyone "buy it"
    You have that backwards. Company XYZ is selling the item and Amazon is fulfilling the sales channel request for that business.

That's how marketplace works.
    03-22-2014 10:50 AM
102 1234 ...