New Sandisk 128GB MicroSDXC Support

TheGeekNextDoor

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
My order for the SanDisk Ultra 128 GB microSDXC card from Amazon on March 11 is now preparing for shipment. I placed an order for another on April 7th, it is not going anywhere right now.

Just thought I would provide a point in the order/fulfillment timeline for others that may have ordered the card. It might help set some expectations as to where they are in the queue. Or it might upset you if you ordered before me and still see no movement.

scottitude

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I also ordered mine on March 11 & this evening I got a shipping confirmation with tracking number. Scheduled for delivery this Friday.

@Ray Adams, great to know its fast enough and (big enough) to handle 1520 video without stuttering. Can't wait.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
It was same here, I downloaded over 10gb of music one day. Other than that, I had around 200gbs of music. Adding Hawkwind, it increased by 50gbs or so, lol.
Holly S___: and I thought I was getting carried away/obsessed being at 68GB.

JamesJinSC

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Ask ye shall receive:

I found the test results from the App kind of interesting and I suspect that the Bus is a big limiting factor since I know on a fast interface the card can do (and does) considerably better.

(Thanks for the App suggestion BTW, Been looking for something like that - Michael)

View attachment 59326

I tried this app and HIGHLY recommend it for the other features but I tend to doubt the accuracy of the sd card test, I have a $7 16GB PNY class 4 card and it said my speed was 18.37 Mbps, it also said my lumia 1520 phone memory clocked about 28Mbps.

peacock93

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE:

I received shipping notice from Amazon Monday the 28th and received the card on Tuesday the 29th!! That's awesome!! I copied everything off of my old Sandisk 64Gig Ultra and then copied it over to my new 128Gig card. Well, that didn't work. My 1520 knew the programs were on the card but it would not open them. I also could not see photos or play music. So, I did a hard reset with a card format and started from scratch.

After getting everything set back up, which is super easy now on 8.1, I ran a few programs. They loaded much faster than my old 64Gig card and game play was seamless. No problems what so ever with apps or games. On to taking a few photos. I used to have some bad lag after snapping a shot with the 64Gig card. That is all gone now. I changed my setting to save to the device just to test the speed there and I could not notice a difference. My next test was video recording which was terrible with the 64Gig card. Works perfect now with the 128Gig card!! No stutter at all and super clear video. I haven't had a chance to test a low light video and audio recording yet but we have a local concert coming up and I'll try it there.

All in all, this was one of the best purchases I've made in a very long time!! I would recommend anyone using a Sandisk 64Gig Ultra card in their phone to by the 128Gig and use the 64Gig in something else.

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I am going to try cloning my 64GB card to the 128GB to see if it works that way. Amazon says it should be here by Monday..

Sam_oslo

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm also pretty interested in this card that just came out today by Samsung Amazon.com: Samsung Electronics 64GB PRO Micro SDXC with Adapter Upto 90MB/s Class 10 Memory Card (MB-MG64DA/AM): Computers & Accessories
Very impressive speeds but hopefully we'll see a 128gb version as the pro card series linked is only 64gb..

Yeas, that's a really impressive speed, but the era of 64GB is over. Samsung need to get the finger out and resale a 128GB card with similar speed.
I have been holding off the "trigger" in anticipation of SanDisk Extreme (Plus) 90 MB/s 128GB in near future, but the 128GB version of this Samsung could be a good alternative too.

Earlier, in WP 8.0 time, the speed wasn't so important. Any SD card that could record HD video (without shuttering) would be a great card. But now with WP8.1 the read speed is important, because it can affect the performance of Apps (specialty data-transfer intensive Apps) installed on the SD card.

lancorp

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
What I don't get is why one has to basically RESET the phone in order to get the 128GB card working properly.

From comments here to reviews on various sites, seems everyone mentions needing to hard reset the phone to get the card to see files copied to it.

In all my time with computers (30 years), I've never seen where you basically had to reset to factory defaults a device in order for it so properly see the files on a memory card.

I should be able to pop the card out of the phone, pop it into my PC, copy over some music or videos, pop it back in the phone, and watch the movies or play the music. Seems to not work that way. In some cases, music shows up as duplicates and movies don't show up for days.

Seems odd.

NoRomBasic

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Well, I think I was one of the first to install one, and I did not have to hard-reset mine to swap my 64GB card for my 128GB card. I did have to soft-reset (power off/on) after pulling the 64GB card so the OS would clear its index/cache but really for me that was all there was to it.

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Well, I think I was one of the first to install one, and I did not have to hard-reset mine to swap my 64GB card for my 128GB card. I did have to soft-reset (power off/on) after pulling the 64GB card so the OS would clear its index/cache but really for me that was all there was to it.

But did you have apps installed on it? That is it seems 99% of the people who have to do a reset for it to work. I have so many apps on my 64GB card I have no room for it on my phone. so I decided I will weed out the ones I don't use a lot till I have enough room to move them back. Once back, I will put in the 128GB card, have the phone format it, then move them back.

Edit: And then load every app the store has. LoL

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I didn't have to with mine either. I just put the card in and format it and that was it.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa