Laptop not seeing 1520 tethering wifi connection

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
So I don't use tethering very often however of the times I have tried to use it I seem to have a lot of issues. I turn on the feature on the phone and search for the available connection. I don't think it matters but I'm using an Alienware M17x running Windows 8. For some reason it doesn't see the connection after several minutes of being turned on. I usually have to fiddle with both devices by toggling wifi on and off a few times on the laptop and turning off and on internet sharing then eventually after a few tries and maybe 5-10 min I'll eventually see it.

Anyone know why it's so much hassle to connect? Not suggesting this is a connected issue but I have a dual band router at home and also notice that some devices do not recognise both bands and sometimes only see the 2.4ghz wifi connection but not the 5ghz band. So I don't know if this is a similar problem.

Anyone have issues with devices not seeing the 1520's hotspot connection immediately?

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I get hotspot with my plan. I don't have a problem with my HP connecting, but don't mess too much with it that much.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon