Getting used to a Phablet

Braini4c

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I just wanted to ask how long did it take you people with the 1520 to get use to how big it is.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

Last edited by a moderator:

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: geting use to a phablet

Oh about 20 minutes. :D Seriously, it's not really big as most people see it to be. I myself included in that. However after purchasing and using it for a few hours it becomes an ordinary phone. The rest though seems small now

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

cathain

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

About a couple of weeks for me. I was coming from an LG G2 which has a 5.2" screen, I'm 6'4" and would consider my hands pretty big. First few days were tough adjusting, I was really thinking I may have made a mistake getting the 1520! I found that the way I had been using smartphones for the last 4 years was going to have to change! I would rarely use 2 hands when using an LG G2 but after a few days with the Lumia 1520 I found that using 2 hands was the way to go for a lot of activities. Things like typing especially really require 2 hands, now I can type as fast if not quicker than on my old G2.

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

About a couple of weeks for me. I was coming from an LG G2 which has a 5.2" screen, I'm 6'4" and would consider my hands pretty big. First few days were tough adjusting, I was really thinking I may have made a mistake getting the 1520! I found that the way I had been using smartphones for the last 4 years was going to have to change! I would rarely use 2 hands when using an LG G2 but after a few days with the Lumia 1520 I found that using 2 hands was the way to go for a lot of activities. Things like typing especially really require 2 hands, now I can type as fast if not quicker than on my old G2.

My thought and experience exactly!!! (except for the G2)

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site

I got a L1320 which is also 6 inches and it took me about 2 days. Now I don't find it big anymore. But yes once your with a phablet there is no going back to anything smaller. :p Now even when I hold a 5 inch phone I find it small. :D

GabrielStorm

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

20 minutes, the amount of time it took to get it set up.
as is mentioned in other posts, it's not really all that big.
compared to my wife's IPhone, sure, it's massive.
compared to my HTC one it's not much different.
two handed use for some things is a good idea.

budney

Sep 6, 2006
Visit site

It took me about two days to get comfortable with my 1520. Now I could not go back to anything in the four inch range.

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

It took me about 10 minutes, I was surprised, I sold my Note 2 because I thought it was too big. But have no problems with the 1520.. Just feels right..

NokiNoki

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site

i got it in sunday, and already used to it, i never coming back to smaller phones!
fits to my pants, jeans and more

liam-ward

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site

About 10 minutes. I used to have an 820 and at first you notice the size but soon you realise all the others are just tiny. Personally i think WP is at its best with the extra row of apps, just wish apps used the space a bit more. I've had it a month now and I'm shocked when everyone says how big it is.

anon(5667874)

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site

Before the 1520 I had the Note 2, so was already used to a big phone. That said, the 1520 is most definitely a big phablet! Love the screen and performance on the 1520. Depending on what I am wearing, the 1520 is sometimes a challenge to fit into a pocket.

NoRomBasic

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

I just wanted to ask how long did it take you people with the 1520 to get use to how big it is.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

By the end of the day. By the end of the week I was at the point where I'd pick up my Wife's 1020 and think, %$#@ this is small....

For me it really is a "Phablet" need. I've been playing with Smatphones since I bought an imported Motorola MPX220 way back when while at the same time always seeimg to "hotrod" tiny notebook PCs (too many to list, but if it was little I probably kicked the tires on it) in what has been a long quest to have a truly portable computer always on hand. Voice Call support, while always needed, has generally been a secondary concern for me. The 1520 comes pretty darn close to being that ideal, in some respects it's actually a little more useful than the Surface RT I have.

beniffa

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site

Not long at all and felt great the second i got it out of the box. I have since held an iphone and that device feels like a toy compaired to the lumia 1520.

Oliver Newell

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site

I've had mine since December 16th last year. Took me probably 2 or 3 days. I have had the likes of HTC Titan and Samsung ATIV S which were large phones. The 1520 is a beast as it is a lot bigger than those two, but because its relatively light and very think for what it is, it is manageable. Biggest problem I have found is finding a phone pouch large enough. In the end I got a "shocksock" for a galaxy note 3 which fits, kind of. Put it in the wash and it stretched and now fits find. I honestly could not find another one big enough.

After having this phone for a good few weeks, many people will tell you it is very odd trying to use a smaller phone again. I had to set up my sisters 820 and I had trouble with the keys as the keyboard on the 1520 is so big. It is a beautiful device. The size adds to its character.

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site

I got used to the 1520 just playing with it at the ATT store. Now my 920 seems too small. I would upgrade if I weren't so intent on saving $32 bucks a month.

doctorpruette

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
I purchased the 1520 as soon as it was available and traded in my iPhone 5. I never looked back. Very soon everyone will be using a larger smartphone. It's easier to type and read. Easier to blog. Just plain easier on the eyes. Telephone calls are no different than on a smaller phone. It doesn't feel weird at all. Taking pictures and looking at photos on the larger screen is fantastic. I can actually enjoy reading a book on the 1520. I would never think about a smaller phone. I also think the 1520 side is right. At some point you enter the realm of a tablet, but the 1520 can do both comfortably. Any larger and it's just a tablet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster