battery consumption with tethering

akthelonelyman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
hi im thinking of getting a win 8.1 8 inch tablet. my main problem is internet availability {since none has 3g connectivity unless at obscene price and wifi is rare here} so i have to rely on my phone to thether and create a hotspot. how does this impact the battery? does this have only the same effect as surfing web on phone via 3g or does it really kill the battery?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
hi im thinking of getting a win 8.1 8 inch tablet. my main problem is internet availability {since none has 3g connectivity unless at obscene price and wifi is rare here} so i have to rely on my phone to thether and create a hotspot. how does this impact the battery? does this have only the same effect as surfing web on phone via 3g or does it really kill the battery?

You are looking at 10-12% depletion an hour at least.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site

What you could do is plug in the phone AS you tether so it would save the phone's battery but drain the tablet a bit faster

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thehinac