Viber on 1520

wahab bashir

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Hello.

I just got a 1520 a week ago. I like the phone and it serves well to my purpose. However I am facing alot of problems with the application viber.

If my screen is locked. I will not get any calls or even messages nor the sound for any call. Unless and until I open the app itself I will not see that I have received a new message or a missed call notification. The missed call notification can be late by 5-10 mints also.
The live tile also does not seem to work with viber at times

Even if my screen is unlocked but I am not using the application. I dont always seem to be getting the calls.

I have tried reinstalling the application, clearing the temporary files and reinstall, I have also checked push notifications and background access to viber as allowed. My wifi is also kept to always on. Even without the wifi it seems to be having the same problem with my 4G/3G.

I never had this problem with iPhone. Any solutions or anyone else facing the same issue.

Regards,
Wahab Bashir

shaskell724

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi, a lot of people on the Viber rating area in the WP store are also having the same problem. I honestly think its a problem with the App… and you'll just have to wait for an update… Most things on the iPhone are very smooth and responsive because the app creators want them to be good and smooth because of how popular the platform is.

It looks like they did recently update the app though, so hopefully a fix will be come along soon.

Viber | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

good luck! Sorry that wasn't much help but wanted to let you know others are having this same issue.

hack14u

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I have had several WP8 devices, and Viber has NEVER worked good enough to use as my main messaging app. You are right, on iOS, perfect, all of my Android devices in the house, perfect, but WP8, nope. It's too bad because it is one cool app.

wahab bashir

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
It has been a nuisance. I would really like a response from Viber team as to what their next course of intended action is.

I never faced such a problem with IOS, while I understand a small glitch here and there, the very basis of viber functionality are deplorable.

Is there a quick solution for the time being.

ViberTeam

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,

When using Windows Phone you may encounter sporadic delays in receiving call notifications. This is a known issue that is caused by Microsoft's push servers.

We have developed a built-in bypass feature that should prevent you from missing future notifications if you have already experienced the delay once (Please make sure you have the latest version of Viber). However, we cannot guarantee that this will bypass the Microsoft issue every time.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Jarip

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,

When using Windows Phone you may encounter sporadic delays in receiving call notifications. This is a known issue that is caused by Microsoft's push servers.

We have developed a built-in bypass feature that should prevent you from missing future notifications if you have already experienced the delay once (Please make sure you have the latest version of Viber). However, we cannot guarantee that this will bypass the Microsoft issue every time.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Just wondering why it is just a Viber problem - there is no such notification delay with others ... I think that it is worse now (with Viber), as it was before ...

wahab bashir

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Absolutely. I am sorry but is this confined to viber. I seem to have no problem with whatsapp.
I am not even talking about receiving call notifications. Calls itself and even messages can be delayed.

does this mean the problem will not be resolved in the near future and as such the problem will keep dragging on till everyone finds a replacement.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium