Sorry if I'm posting to the wrong forum as I'm sure all Lumia's have the same issue, but as a 1520 user I figured I'd start here.

Is there a way to report errors on here maps without having to fire up a desktop computer and visiting the actual website?

For the most part Here Maps is highly accurate, but just occasionally I'll find an incorrect street name or place of interest that's not where it should be. Ideally, I'd like to be able to report it to Nokia there and then.

That doesn't seem to be possible though. It looks like you have to visit the website to make changes. Ok, annoying, but whatever. So.......I head on over to IE and try to visit here.com

No luck, cause trying to visit here.com on your phone diverts you right back to the here app. Grrrrrrr......

Given that Nokia is a mobile company, I'm kinda stunned that they haven't geared up their maps and allowed for change suggestions on a mobile platform.

I'm a lot more likely to suggest a map update at the time I come across the error on my phone rather than hours later when I have access to my laptop.

Does anyone know of a way around this? Failing that, who knows Steve Elops email addy so I can have a blast 😄
    03-16-2014 04:42 AM
    Just few days ago I read something lke that! Nokia blabla beta. And there you can suggest new streets and shops and whatever....hm can't find it

L620 - Tapatalk
    03-16-2014 05:07 AM
    03-16-2014 05:16 AM
    Thanks Checki........just seems a bit crazy that we cant recommend changes or updates as we come across inaccurate mapping info while using the here maps app. This is something you can do with Apple's mapping app. I think it would be really convenient to have a button that says "report error." Not to mention the fact that the maps themselves are likely to remain a lot up-to-date. I'm just surprised that Nokia have gone to the trouble of creating a mapping system that's primarily going to be used on a mobile device without giving users the option to recommend changes on the mobile device
    03-16-2014 06:13 AM
    In Here Maps I can see a place called "Elamthvthy Bus Station" near to my present location. This place does not exist here or anywhere else. Please arrange to remove it.
    06-15-2015 10:38 AM
    In Here Maps I can see a place called "Elamthvthy Bus Station" near to my present location. This place does not exist here or anywhere else. Please arrange to remove it.
    Windows Central has no affiliation with HERE Maps. We cannot fix the bug. You'll need to contact Nokia for that.
    06-15-2015 10:40 AM
    Mohan, this is a community website. We aren't affiliated with Microsoft or Nokia. To make changes to Here maps, you'll need to use Here Map Creator. https://mapcreator.here.com/mapcreat...4.322329,3,0,0

Information available at the Here blog: Introducing community mapping in North America and Europe - HERE 360
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-15-2015 10:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD