Software issues

Iulian Luca

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Software issue, this is not related to the phone, because I had them on my replaced Lumia 920 Black OS, too
- I also have some wrong behaviors of some apps: WhatsApp, Runtastic Pro and Facebook (not Beta) and YouTube videos
Whatsapp doesn't let me attach anything to a conversation, the Attach menu is dead, nomatter what I press, doesn't open anything - this until I reboot the phone
Runtastic Pro - opens and quickly shutdown - until I reboot the phone
Facebook - doesn't connect me all the time, telling that I have connection issue, that I don't have - also the notifications sometimes arrives sometimes don't
YouTube - I always get the "sorry this video can't be played on your device" message. Even on Metrotube they don't work, not to mention on the website - this, until I reboot the phone

I use all day, in the background, the Adidas micoach fitness app - I guess this causing the issue, but I don't know for sure.
Do you guys have this kind of issues with the apps?

Thank you.

Iulian

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
WhatsApp and Runtastic Pro I don't use. Tried WhatsApp, Guess I didn't like it. I don't have a problem with MetroTube, but don't use it a lot, but have several times. Facebook, I really don't think they got it working, so I use the beta and Explorer for Facebook, between the both of them I can do just about anything I want on FB, not that one is better than the other, it's just they do it differently, and that can make a difference. Have you checked what is running in the background? Maybe blocking some that don't need to run unless you have it open will help.

Iulian Luca

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for your answer.
Yes, I checked the background running apps and I have only the apps I need, nothing less.
I guess, I'm not sure, the problem is with Adidas micoach app that I keep running all day to count my walking distance, because I had the exactly same issues on Lumia 920 with Black update, same apps. I will write an email to Adidas developer and ask him about it.

Thanks

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I have no idea what's wrong with WhatsApp for you. Attachments work for me.
tuha6a4u.png

I'm using a 920 on AT&T with the Black update.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

Iulian Luca

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi, Laura
The attach menu works for me too, but sometime during the day when I try to send an image to someone it doesn't work.
It's not working when you share an image using whatsapp from camera roll/foto view, it's not working when you open attach menu from the whatsapp, those buttons doesn't respond to taps, nothing happen, until I restart my phone - after restart everything works as it should, but after few hours the issue is back.
The same thing happen on my Lumia 920 and Lumia 1520 - first I thought that is the 920 limit and I bought 1520 thinking that on it's specs nothing will get wrong on software side, but I had the same software issues on 1520 as on 920 - I sent the 1520 back for refund, because it was and it is unacceptable for me.
Here a quick video that I recorded just now with my HTC Desire old pal, sorry for the quality, but I have the bug and it's only 11am. I stared the micoach Adidas app when I left home to office and now it's paused in the background. I use it all day to count the walking distance.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wdo3zrjmr18a2cz/2014-03-31 11.34.01.3gp
I can restart the phone to make the apps work again, but the issue will be soon back.

Iulian

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6