03-25-2014 11:54 AM
62 123
tools
    2 day in and my touch/swipe issues are 99% gone and the funky negative effects from lock screen are completely gone.
    That matches my experience. About the only time I get a touch/swipe problem now is in the official twitter app.
    03-23-2014 07:06 PM
    Phone brightness bug is gone and phone works great except for the video recording... it stutters while recording ...... anyone else have this issue?
    03-24-2014 01:09 AM
    Phone brightness bug is gone and phone works great except for the video recording... it stutters while recording ...... anyone else have this issue?
    Recording to MicroSD? If so anything below the Extreme Plus series from Sandisk will have that issue.
    03-24-2014 05:28 AM
    Recording to MicroSD? If so anything below the Extreme Plus series from Sandisk will have that issue.
    yeah I forget what card I use but its not a SanDisk, for me its usually one skip at most around the three minute point of a video (longest video I've recorded was 5:30) at 1080p 30fps
    03-24-2014 11:39 AM
    I don't know. I feel like ever since the last update this week, my phone has been worse. I don't use double tap, but even when I press the power button to wake, it takes longer now to wake up. I just now am hearing the random popping within the speaker, and I'm also still getting the screen issue when I scroll down on things. I don't know, I was hoping the update was a surprise WP 8.1 for 1520 users but I was definitely dreaming haha. Now I'm almost debating on swapping for new 1520 at the warranty place.

Same exact issue here with the slowness on wake up. I saw that others were having major improvement and installed the update immediately, but now wish I hadn't...
    03-24-2014 12:36 PM
    That's what you are likely running into. The only properly working card anyone has found is the Extreme Plus from Sandisk.
    03-24-2014 12:36 PM

I have an sd card in does it record to the sd card by default??? What exact cards are good??ty
    03-24-2014 02:32 PM
    That's what you are likely running into. The only properly working card anyone has found is the Extreme Plus from Sandisk.
    Well, if you're talking about SD cards from SanDisk in general, then that's true. But I have an Adata 64 GB card that I bought from Newegg about 3 months ago that has been working flawlessly with no stuttering issues and I record all my videos at 1080p/30fps.

The problem is SanDisk's quality control has turned to garbage the past few years.
    03-24-2014 02:50 PM
    Well, if you're talking about SD cards from SanDisk in general, then that's true. But I have an Adata 64 GB card that I bought from Newegg about 3 months ago that has been working flawlessly with no stuttering issues and I record all my videos at 1080p/30fps.

The problem is SanDisk's quality control has turned to garbage the past few years.
    Not at all. It has to do with the overall speeds of the cards.

That AData card, what's it rated at for speed (post a link if you don't mind)? Also, are you using the Nokia Camera app or the stock Camera app?

BTW if it's the Premier Pro MicroSD card then it's rated faster than the Sandisk Extreme...which would explain why you don't have issues.
    Last edited by Morpheus Phreak; 03-24-2014 at 05:02 PM.
    03-24-2014 04:51 PM
    Brightness bug happened to me today :'( first time since updated
    03-24-2014 08:56 PM
    RE: Brightness bug...Its been happening to me pretty regularly to me after the firmware update from last week...that's why I haven't commented on this thread yet. I figured I was one of those users out of everyone to not get this fixed.

Anyway, I guess I'll wait to wipe my phone and reflash the OS if other users are having this problem.
    03-24-2014 09:09 PM
    Not at all. It has to do with the overall speeds of the cards.

That AData card, what's it rated at for speed (post a link if you don't mind)? Also, are you using the Nokia Camera app or the stock Camera app?

BTW if it's the Premier Pro MicroSD card then it's rated faster than the Sandisk Extreme...which would explain why you don't have issues.
    http://www.adatausa.com/index.php?ac...cid=7&piid=203

Amazon.com: ADATA Premier 64GB microSDHC/SDXC UHS-I U1 Memory Card with One Adapter (AUSDX64GUICL10-RA1): Computers & Accessories

The one I'm using is the 64GB Premier and not the Premier Pro. Adata's website claims 1400/100 iops read/write speed. Without knowing the transfer size, it would be hard to convert that to MB/s but using the Hardware Tests app, it's showing ~ 8MB/s which is not fast at all. All this while using the Nokia camera app and not the stock camera app.

As an update to my first post above, the screen sensitivity issue is still there. I have switched super duper sensitive mode to normal and things seem better as far as double taps go. I'll see how the rest of the day goes. I still have the issue where if you wake up the device, the display is dark then putting it to sleep and waking it up again will brighten the display. Is that the brightness bug everyone is speaking of? Because that's the only brightness bug I have. Also, battery life is still phenomenal after the update if not better!
    03-25-2014 11:54 AM
62 123