Is the Touchscreen Sensitivity issue fixed yet?

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I remember reading a while ago about a touchscreen sensitivity issue. This would cause swipes to be registered as taps sometimes. Have Nokia fixed this yet via a software update, or is it still happening?

kabel_mk

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Nope, not on mine ... I installed yesterday's firmware update (and did factory reset too) and the issue is still present. Some say it decreased the frequency of occurrence ... On mine is the same. The auto brightness bug is still present.

linking1990

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I have just got my 1520, updated it and everything and I confirm that I have this issue, not yet resolved.

I think that this is because of something related to hardware than software, but I am not sure. I'll do some more testing and get back to you.

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
It has not been fixed for me either. It must be hardware and have something to do with the super sensitive touch. I can literally hover my finger over the screen and swipe up and down without ever physically touching it. So when you go to swipe, it must register a tap in that last millimeter before you actually touch the screen and then another tap when you physically touch it. This morning, I turned off high sensitivity to see if it helps.

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Some people on the Nokia forums are saying that turning off the button vibration fixes the issue. Has anyone here tried that?

cptlo306

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed a pattern with this problem? On mine, I can predict it happening almost every time. It usually happens when I pause a few seconds after swipes and then try to swipe again. Almost every time after a short pause it registers the latest swipe as a tap.

linking1990

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
It has not been fixed for me either. It must be hardware and have something to do with the super sensitive touch. I can literally hover my finger over the screen and swipe up and down without ever physically touching it. So when you go to swipe, it must register a tap in that last millimeter before you actually touch the screen and then another tap when you physically touch it. This morning, I turned off high sensitivity to see if it helps.

If the situation is that complicated with you I suggest you do the following:

Go to settings>touch

Under touch sensitivity, change it from high to normal.

linking1990

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
After downloading the updates, which presumably fixes this issue (firmware: 1028.3562.1402.1001), I can conclude the following:
The update does actually address this issue, but I won't say it's completely resolved. There are still some instants where a swipe wouldn't work at all (won't do a tap now).

What I was referring to earlier, about this problem being related to hardware rather than software, I am still convinced that there is an issue, but I need some of people testing this as I only have my device around and it suffers from it.

What I want you to try is when standing in the sun (in a shaded area during the day), and the screen jumps to high brightness and screen readability mood, open up the dialer and try to press any of the numbers normally. Now notice if the screen colors are scrambled, like if you were pressing so hard on the screen, it usually appears in the middle of the screen when you aren't even pushing it that hard, just tapping.

I currently have this issue, and I am wondering if all devices have this. If they do, then I suspect that this is a manufacturing defect in all devices, and affects the touch screen performance as it's pushed hard against the body of the device.

Planet X

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
It's definitely better now after the update but it is still present. For my idea on Home screen it is a lot better than in the beginning but in apps it is still horrible. Like WPCENTRAL app. It is almost every touch that opens an article instead of scrolling through.

RoarinRow

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
The update did not fix this issue for me either. I tried changing the touch sensitivity from High to Normal, but that didn't work. I probably just happens less when set to Normal, but issue definitely still persist.

eskerrik

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I was about to buy a Lumia 1520 and just saw so many posts related to this touch issue. And now I think I may have to wait till it gets fixed.

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

Update:

With touch sensitivity set to normal, it is miles and miles better! In the past couple of days, I haven't had any problems at all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos