I remember reading a while ago about a touchscreen sensitivity issue. This would cause swipes to be registered as taps sometimes. Have Nokia fixed this yet via a software update, or is it still happening?
    03-19-2014 04:54 AM
    Not for me :( Still sometimes recognized as tap instead of scroll
    03-19-2014 05:04 AM
    Not for me :( Still sometimes recognized as tap instead of scroll
    Have you downloaded and applied the update from yesterday? Fixed both the screen sensitivity and brightness bug for me.
    03-19-2014 08:53 AM
    Nope, not on mine ... I installed yesterday's firmware update (and did factory reset too) and the issue is still present. Some say it decreased the frequency of occurrence ... On mine is the same. The auto brightness bug is still present.
    03-19-2014 11:20 AM
    Negative ghostrider.....still sending wrong signals when swiping.
    03-22-2014 11:23 AM
    I have just got my 1520, updated it and everything and I confirm that I have this issue, not yet resolved.

I think that this is because of something related to hardware than software, but I am not sure. I'll do some more testing and get back to you.

03-22-2014 11:33 AM
    It's so annoying!....
    03-25-2014 09:54 AM
    It has not been fixed for me either. It must be hardware and have something to do with the super sensitive touch. I can literally hover my finger over the screen and swipe up and down without ever physically touching it. So when you go to swipe, it must register a tap in that last millimeter before you actually touch the screen and then another tap when you physically touch it. This morning, I turned off high sensitivity to see if it helps.
    03-25-2014 10:58 AM
    Thanks for the feedback. How annoying is the issue? Would you recommend the 1520 still - or better to avoid it?
    03-25-2014 05:46 PM
    Some people on the Nokia forums are saying that turning off the button vibration fixes the issue. Has anyone here tried that?
    03-26-2014 05:17 AM
    I've tried that and it did not work.
    03-26-2014 05:25 AM
    Has anyone else noticed a pattern with this problem? On mine, I can predict it happening almost every time. It usually happens when I pause a few seconds after swipes and then try to swipe again. Almost every time after a short pause it registers the latest swipe as a tap.
    03-26-2014 08:00 AM
    It has not been fixed for me either. It must be hardware and have something to do with the super sensitive touch. I can literally hover my finger over the screen and swipe up and down without ever physically touching it. So when you go to swipe, it must register a tap in that last millimeter before you actually touch the screen and then another tap when you physically touch it. This morning, I turned off high sensitivity to see if it helps.
    If the situation is that complicated with you I suggest you do the following:

Go to settings>touch

Under touch sensitivity, change it from high to normal.
    03-26-2014 08:06 AM
    After downloading the updates, which presumably fixes this issue (firmware: 1028.3562.1402.1001), I can conclude the following:
    The update does actually address this issue, but I won't say it's completely resolved. There are still some instants where a swipe wouldn't work at all (won't do a tap now).

What I was referring to earlier, about this problem being related to hardware rather than software, I am still convinced that there is an issue, but I need some of people testing this as I only have my device around and it suffers from it.

What I want you to try is when standing in the sun (in a shaded area during the day), and the screen jumps to high brightness and screen readability mood, open up the dialer and try to press any of the numbers normally. Now notice if the screen colors are scrambled, like if you were pressing so hard on the screen, it usually appears in the middle of the screen when you aren't even pushing it that hard, just tapping.

I currently have this issue, and I am wondering if all devices have this. If they do, then I suspect that this is a manufacturing defect in all devices, and affects the touch screen performance as it's pushed hard against the body of the device.
    03-26-2014 08:14 AM
    It's definitely better now after the update but it is still present. For my idea on Home screen it is a lot better than in the beginning but in apps it is still horrible. Like WPCENTRAL app. It is almost every touch that opens an article instead of scrolling through.
    03-26-2014 10:00 AM
    The update did not fix this issue for me either. I tried changing the touch sensitivity from High to Normal, but that didn't work. I probably just happens less when set to Normal, but issue definitely still persist.
    03-27-2014 12:51 PM
    still happens to me on occasion but definitely seems better since the latest update.
    03-27-2014 01:32 PM
    I was about to buy a Lumia 1520 and just saw so many posts related to this touch issue. And now I think I may have to wait till it gets fixed.
    03-28-2014 06:48 PM
    Update:

With touch sensitivity set to normal, it is miles and miles better! In the past couple of days, I haven't had any problems at all.
    03-28-2014 06:52 PM
    Update:

With touch sensitivity set to normal, it is miles and miles better! In the past couple of days, I haven't had any problems at all.
    I thought that the high sensitivity setting was for when you were wearing gloves?
    03-28-2014 07:03 PM
    Same here, but it's not as frequent especially the auto brightness (it's only been dim when I've turned the screen on twice since the update on one and on the other 1520 it hasn't done it once. Hopefully with the next update both issues will finally get fixed. Other than those two things I absolutely dig these 1520's (I upgraded both my personal and business line). Won't ever go back to a small screen again.
    03-28-2014 07:21 PM
    The auto brightness bothers me more than the touch issue, but both are less frequent after the update. Overall, love my phone!
    04-11-2014 03:13 PM
    I have the same issues. However, I tried use a wipe to clean the screen then install Glance Background. it seem to stable for couple days.

To get Glance Background, install "Lumia System Updater".

May be there is static build up under the screen.
    09-05-2014 04:28 PM
    Simple answer: no it is not fixed, and most likely never will. The Lumia 1520 is being sold for almost a year now and Nokia / Microsoft not even admit that this kind problem exists for many users.
    The erratic behavior is caused by hardware - in my opinion a design fault. And for such an "old" phone no manufacturer would do a re-design. Software migt be involved too but is not the main cause. Don't be fooled by users here reporting the issue is fixed by whatever update or a factory reset. Each of this action involves a restart of the phone which of course re-initializes the hardware. Then after a while the problem returns just as before.
    omegafiler likes this.
    09-06-2014 12:49 PM