After the most recent AT&T update, my battery discharge rate is frightening. Nothing running, no data and no wifi. Anyone else experiencing this nonsense?

wp_ss_20140320_0001.png
    03-20-2014 05:34 PM
    I'm facing that with my 8X
    Btw, what's that application you are using, thanks.

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Tapatalk
    03-20-2014 05:41 PM
    It's Insider Pro. Before this update, I was actually very impressed with the battery performance.
    Mostafa Kamel likes this.
    03-20-2014 05:54 PM
    My battery was really bad the first day after the update, but has leveled off to what it was before -- roughly two days with moderate use.
    03-20-2014 07:14 PM
    So you have 0 background apps running altogether? None, 0, nada?
    03-20-2014 10:54 PM
    So you have 0 background apps running altogether? None, 0, nada?
    No, I do have Background Tasks running; they are:
    wp_ss_20140322_0001.png and wp_ss_20140322_0002.png

...but these background tasks were not changed in anyway for the past month or so.

I meant that there were no active apps running, no wifi, no data connections and no location services when I saw a 23% drop per hour.

Now, somehow without doing anything different that I aware of, the battery performance overnight last night and today is actually very good, even better than before the update.
    Notice how the battery did not drain at all during the night for hours at a time which I've never seen before.
    wp_ss_20140322_0003.png
    03-22-2014 11:24 AM
    Did u try draining the battery till it reaches 0 and then charging it to 100 this will help recalibrate the battery and its sensors
    03-22-2014 11:38 AM
    Did u try draining the battery till it reaches 0 and then charging it to 100 this will help recalibrate the battery and its sensors
    That my friend is not healthy for modern batteries. (Seeing how the phone will prevent going to 0 anyways) I went 7 hours of playing Pandora, checking email, messing around with Facebook and Twitter and drained a whole 27% of my battery. With my HTC One, I would be down to 25% left!!! So glad this battery is long lasting...
    03-22-2014 11:58 AM
    and

...but these background tasks were not changed in anyway for the past month or so.

I meant that there were no active apps running, no wifi, no data connections and no location services when I saw a 23% drop per hour.

Now, somehow without doing anything different that I aware of, the battery performance overnight last night and today is actually very good, even better than before the update.
    Notice how the battery did not drain at all during the night for hours at a time which I've never seen before.
    The tasks may have not changed, but some of those apps likely received an update or two in that timeframe.

It could be that one update caused an issue, and another update fixed it.

You can even have background apps run into a condition where it tries to complete a task, fails, and then keeps trying again and again. It can happen on some of the more poorly coded apps.

The CNN app used to be (is it still?) notorious for draining batteries while it was just running in the background. That's why I was asking about background...as it does factor. :)
    Madam ImAdam likes this.
    03-22-2014 04:01 PM
    I have also experienced an unusually high battery drain recently using my ATT Lumia 1520 on the T-mobile network. Although am unsure if it is due to any update issued by AT&T. Does anyone else have feed back regarding this? Prior to this week, I've had very impressive battery life with my "normal usage" I'd be able to attain a day and a half without charging.
    03-22-2014 09:06 PM
    The tasks may have not changed, but some of those apps likely received an update or two in that timeframe.

It could be that one update caused an issue, and another update fixed it.

You can even have background apps run into a condition where it tries to complete a task, fails, and then keeps trying again and again. It can happen on some of the more poorly coded apps.

The CNN app used to be (is it still?) notorious for draining batteries while it was just running in the background. That's why I was asking about background...as it does factor. :)
    Thanks - I think that must have been what I experienced. I generally run all updates as they are available, and this makes more sense as to what was actually happening in the background. IF there was a single app that was causing the battery drain, it seems to have been all sorted out with a subsequent update.

I have the CNN app, but cant remember the last time I used it. I actually like the USA Today app, sometimes, more than the Bing News one, because the USA Today supports landscape modes.
    03-23-2014 02:55 PM
    Is anyone else still having this issue? I went to bed last night with my battery at over 85%, woke up 6 hours later to find it at 53%. It's rather depressing to find the 1520 battery life I used to BRAG about being horribly destroyed by the phone's latest update.
    04-07-2014 04:00 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_ss_20140322_0001.png 
Views:	19 
Size:	158.3 KB 
ID:	60219 and Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_ss_20140322_0002.png 
Views:	19 
Size:	158.6 KB 
ID:	60221

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_ss_20140322_0003.png 
Views:	16 
Size:	247.8 KB 
ID:	60222

Hey... where are you finding the "Background Tasks" in Settings? I must be blind, but I don't see it anywhere.
    04-07-2014 04:06 AM
    Hey... where are you finding the "Background Tasks" in Settings? I must be blind, but I don't see it anywhere.
    Go to Settings slide it to the left to get Applications and it should be the top one.
    04-07-2014 05:02 AM
    I have been having the same issue with the 1520 I just purchased used. After I updated everything, today I'm getting horrible battery life. One minute it would day I had 14 hours left till dead, then later it will say I'm down the 3 hours left. Also in the settings menu, glance screen and touch sensitivity options cannot be accessed. It just keeps looping back to settings. I'm thinking of trying a hard reset to see if I can get better results. I have 10 apps running in the background, same ones on my Lumia 920 and they gave me no issues what so ever. This is very sad, hope someone has a solution. Have powered off the device 5 times today and still the samw
    04-07-2014 02:16 PM
    same... I have been waiting for 8.1 just for the ability to see which app is sucking all the juice...
    04-07-2014 06:54 PM
    more update more suck battery life...

i was made decision for canceled 1020 interm of battery life is horibble.but after watched this.im getting confused with this situation on lumia 1520.
    04-07-2014 07:52 PM
    I wanted to report back that the battery life on my lumia 1520 is back to what I would consider to excellent, and that the problem I had was likely an app update that I installed for some particular app that I must not use that often, or often enough to notice. Once that app was updated again, everything went back to normal.
    04-09-2014 04:08 PM
    my battery problems for the moment have gone as well but I must say, my glance, audio or touch will not open. they keep crashing. Anyone else having this issue?
    04-10-2014 12:50 AM