All panorama apps in store including the nokia's one are horrible or there is some kind of limit, that every panorama has VERY damn LOOOOOW resolution, that height can't reach even 1080 pixels to just look fine without zoom on my 1520, so, maybe someone knows some third party app that makes panoramas like iPhone's stock one? Because i find it very strange, having that damn good camera and not being able to make an good really hi-res panorama like 1020 and 1520 can make, of gorgeous quality
    Pontifex likes this.
    03-21-2014 01:57 PM
    did you tried Photosynth ?
    03-21-2014 02:05 PM
    Yeah, you should use Photosynth for panoramas. Crop them later if needed.
    03-21-2014 02:06 PM
    For some reason my cable is not working right now to hook up my Icon, but here is one from my 822 using the Nokias Panorama App.
    Dimensions are 8795 x 1953 and it has not been altered in any way.
    Am I missing something? This looks pretty good to me (assuming The forum doesn't compress the image, if it does I will upload to OneDrive)
    Never mind, it seems that the file is too large so uploaded to OneDrive.
    http://1drv.ms/1gGlCGk

For some reason it doesn't want to load when I select "View Original", but Downloading and viewing works.
    03-21-2014 02:12 PM
    Am I missing something? This looks pretty good to me.
    http://1drv.ms/1gGlCGk
    Yes, IF NOTHING moves, its bright and you have alot of time to take the picture. I am as well VERY disappointed by Nokia / MS!!! They focus so much on photography, but Panorama is the worst thing ever! Use iPhone ONCE and you know how it should work!!! Even my cheap 3 years old Android works better!

Photosynth is not the solution. There must be a simple option in the camera app to do this. Photosynth is good for the 3D stuff, but panorama is very simple and should be easily done by the default camera app...
    03-21-2014 02:18 PM
    BUT Photosynth is a great app.... :) I love taking pictures with it.
    Himanshu Chowdhary likes this.
    03-21-2014 02:18 PM
    yeah that panorama on onedrive is cool, but usually it's like impossible to get that with nokia panorama app, i've tryed some times and usually it gives me very poor resolution, and if you zoom it in, it's like all crap on 1520, photosynth is not a deal cos it's more like app for having some fun, not to make real panoramas, also it unifies pics pretty poorly
    03-21-2014 02:31 PM
    yeah that panorama on onedrive is cool, but usually it's like impossible to get that with nokia panorama app, i've tryed some times and usually it gives me very poor resolution, and if you zoom it in, it's like all crap on 1520, photosynth is not a deal cos it's more like app for having some fun, not to make real panoramas, also it unifies pics pretty poorly
    I guess I have really only tried panoramas for scenery shots which have always been well lit and with minimal movement.
    The panoramas look like crap when I view it on the phone, even the one above, but when I copy it off onto the computer, it looks really nice. Not sure why it won't preview full resolution on the phone because that frustrates me??
    I have one on my Icon from a Cubs spring training game which turned out pretty good with tons of people in it, but again, not sure why I can't connect it to my computer. Will try again later at home.
    03-21-2014 03:00 PM
    upload it to onedrive on original resolution, there is that option in settings, but it allows it only through wifi
    03-21-2014 03:29 PM