Note 3 Owner Considering Switch to Lumia 1520

JJ2525

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I am a longtime Android user, and currently own the Note 3. I purchased the Note 3 solely because of the large screen size and have not used the S-Pen once. I have long been intrigued by the visual appeal of the Windows Phone UI, and the 1520 as it is the first true Windows phablet. I have a few questions that would help me make a decision on whether to switch or not:

1) I typically see about 17 hours battery life on my Note 3, with 7-8 hours of screen on time. How do these numbers compare to what you all are seeing with the 1520?
2) The Note 3 has a colored LED for notifications. I know the Lumia does not, but is the notification method (whatever it is) something that is favorable to you, or it is not a positive feature on Windows?
3) How reliable is the Outlook/Hotmail push email service?

If anyone who has any additional thoughts about switching from Android to Windows Phone has any additional thoughts, that would be great. Thank you for any and all insight!

taphius

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
I find the lumias battery life massively improved over the ATT note 3 I had. I live in a low-signal area so the constant search for drained the battery pretty quickly. I have a hard time bringing it down to 50% by the time im hitting the sack.

The lock screen is generally good enough for my notifications, I haven't had any issues with it.
Outlook seems to work fine for me, I am forwarding my gmail straight to an outlook account I created to give wp8 a try. Haven't had any issues with missing or delayed emails.

So far, so good. Only one week in but I do not miss the note 3 at all. Still have a nexus 5 and G2 to go back to if I find myself having the itch for android.

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I went from the Note 2 (Sold because it was too big) To the HTC One. I loved that phone, then to a dumbphone because I needed to make cuts in the budget. But came back to smartphones with the 1520. Funny thing is it has a bigger screen than the Note 2 but doesn't feel bigger. A notification center is rumored to be coming in the 8.1 update. You will benefit with a outlook email address, and sooner or later hotmail (which is also MS) will go by the wayside. I find the screen is beautiful, and the phone is really fast. The store has a lot of apps now, almost everything you want to do you can. If I couldn't find the app, it is a good chance that they have a mobile webpage, and you can add the bookmark to the home page to make it look like an app tile...

sdanaher

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I am a longtime Android user, and currently own the Note 3. I purchased the Note 3 solely because of the large screen size and have not used the S-Pen once. I have long been intrigued by the visual appeal of the Windows Phone UI, and the 1520 as it is the first true Windows phablet. I have a few questions that would help me make a decision on whether to switch or not:

1) I typically see about 17 hours battery life on my Note 3, with 7-8 hours of screen on time. How do these numbers compare to what you all are seeing with the 1520?
2) The Note 3 has a colored LED for notifications. I know the Lumia does not, but is the notification method (whatever it is) something that is favorable to you, or it is not a positive feature on Windows?
3) How reliable is the Outlook/Hotmail push email service?

If anyone who has any additional thoughts about switching from Android to Windows Phone has any additional thoughts, that would be great. Thank you for any and all insight!

I'd love to know more about 17 hours of battery with 7-8 hours of screen time on your Note 3. I had one for 5 months, tried a few roms, I'm a heavy user and could never get that type of battery life. My Lumia 1520, however, has died on me once - note 3 died in my use case any day I was traveling and out of town, before end of day.

I miss the stylus a lot, I miss chromecast built in a lot. I don't miss occasional lags or application crashes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077