battery life and charging times of your 1520?

paqpaqpaq

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
hi guys!

i just would like to ask how long do you charge your L1520 and the battery life you are getting out of it. of course together with some apps/settings, we may see a trend or understanding about the behavior of our phones.

1. battery life.
2. what percentage (battery) before charging
3. AC / USB / Wireless charge?
4. charging times (hrs)?
5. overnight charge or look out for it till completely charged?
6. LTE off/always on?
7. background apps running

Alpo714

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
hi guys!

i just would like to ask how long do you charge your L1520 and the battery life you are getting out of it. of course together with some apps/settings, we may see a trend or understanding about the behavior of our phones.

1. battery life.
2. what percentage (battery) before charging
3. AC / USB / Wireless charge?
4. charging times (hrs)?
5. overnight charge or look out for it till completely charged?
6. LTE off/always on?
7. background apps running

1. battery life - Usually I can last 1.5 days with "normal" usage before I need to charge, but recently its more like 1 day with about 30% remaining.
2. what percentage (battery) before charging - 30%
3. AC / USB / Wireless charge? I usually use the included USB Charger
4. charging times (hrs)? 3 hours from 10%
5. overnight charge or look out for it till completely charged? I don't like to charge my phones over night as it does damage the battery. I remove the plug overnight
6. LTE off/always on? LTE always on
7. background apps running - Amazing weather HD/ AppoinTile/ Battery/ Bing Finance/ Down to Zero/ Facebook/ Insider Pro/ LockMix/ NBC News/ True Calendar 8

I hope this helps. Please do post your own! :)

paqpaqpaq

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
Charging your phone even when it's full does not damage the battery. That's very outdated logic.

not sure about that... i have 'tried' (read: slept while waiting) several gadgets of mine ranging from classic mobile phones to ipad mini retina and iphones.

i am still using nokia E6 til now way back from 2011. i can use this for 3 straight days for 1.5years. until one time i forgot to remove the AC charger. now i am able to hold a charge maximum of 1.5days. even the latest ipad mini. only needed to charge it 3hrs and extended it to a full 6... now the battery life reduced by about 2hours.

with Alpo714'2 experience, it will be safe for me to say that i will get 2-days minimum before charging once i get my phone :)

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
not sure about that... i have 'tried' (read: slept while waiting) several gadgets of mine ranging from classic mobile phones to ipad mini retina and iphones.

i am still using nokia E6 til now way back from 2011. i can use this for 3 straight days for 1.5years. until one time i forgot to remove the AC charger. now i am able to hold a charge maximum of 1.5days. even the latest ipad mini. only needed to charge it 3hrs and extended it to a full 6... now the battery life reduced by about 2hours.

with Alpo714'2 experience, it will be safe for me to say that i will get 2-days minimum before charging once i get my phone :)

The battery life reduction is due to age, not due to your charging habits. As batteries age they lose capacity.

elvandar is completely correct about the battery charge information. The phones and chargers these days are 'smart' and know when a battery is at capacity. They don't allow you to overcharge the battery.

paqpaqpaq

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
i agree that batteries and chargers nowadays do prevent 'overcharging'.

but i still believe that leaving your gadgets being charged overnight will make your batteries age faster, thus losing its capacity over time.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
i agree that batteries and chargers nowadays do prevent 'overcharging'.

but i still believe that leaving your gadgets being charged overnight will make your batteries age faster, thus losing its capacity over time.

You can believe that all you want. Luckily that doesn't change reality, where it doesn't actually have any real effect. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6