Bought "demonstrational" Nokia Lumia 1520

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
What should i do? This isn't a "normal" phone

It's for demonstrational purposes, should i email Nokia about this?

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
re: Bought "demonstrational" Nokia Lumia 1520

Yes. I have seen stories like this where Nokia will offer a replacement if you give them the sellers details.

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site

So anyone could give me an email to contact Nokia directly? I posted on NokiaHelp twitter page, but sending and email would allow me to give more information about this "weirdass" device

lancorp

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site

There was another thread here where two members got their "issue" resolved.
You might contact them for info on how to go about that.

I guess you get what you pay for, right? Sometimes a "good deal" isn't such a great deal. Is there something about the phone where it doesn't work correctly because it's a "demo" phone?

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site

contact Nokia first...then if that doesn't work...you can flash the stock rom of your model with NCS. It's basically like debranding your phone.

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

Had this to me back when the Samsung Focus was relevant. It had the AT&T demo software running, and after many hours of researching, turns out that AT&T demo software cannot be flashed over by anyone other than AT&T due to some special decryption software they use.

@OP, I know this is regards to a Lumia 1520, so you might get luck and be able to flash over non-demo firmware, but before you attempt to do that, which could cause additional issues including bricking the phone, I would definitely contact Nokia and see if they will work with you to get the demo device back and send you a Lumia 1520 that has the correct firmware. If for any reason Nokia does not help you, then I would try flashing it as a last resort only.

Good luck, and be sure to let us know how it turns out.

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
Try this..

phone->settings->about-> click on update demo phone.

when the pop-up screen comes up note that it says to update press yes or no. Now turn the phone to the right so it rotates to landscape. then rotate back to portait. now rotate to the left so the screen goes landscape and then rotate back to portait. You will notice it now says RESTORE DEMO DEVICE

patrickmj23

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site

Hi. From what country are you?

Here's what I did:
1) I send an e-mail to 'Stephen Elop' e-mail address.
2)'He' replied saying the issue will be escalated blah blah blah and another nokia rep send an email to me asking for infos.
3)2nd day, Nokia PH called me verifying about the issue. Simple Q&A regarding the issue and the rep told me that they will replace the unit but I have to give details where I got the unit.
4)After that, the rep gave me schedule when and where store we are gonna meet and do the transaction there
5)And the schedule came, we meet, simple chat, the phone got replaced.
6)I am a happy man.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
that's bull. I bought an HTC Surround stuck in demo mode and simply reflashed it with HTC stock ATT ROM.

They had a Samsung device, while you had an HTC.

Do you know all of the possible security measures other OEMs employ in protecting their demo devices?

Were you there when that poster was trying to flash their device?

If the answer to either or both of those questions is no, then perhaps it is best you avoid future comments of this nature.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Boot loaders for Samsung are actually EASIER to hack than HTC and there are PLENTY of 3rd party roms out there. Save your "advice"

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Boot loaders for Samsung are actually EASIER to hack than HTC and there are PLENTY of 3rd party roms out there. Save your "advice"

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Got it, you just want to be a jerk and make points that are irrelevant to the original point I successfully refuted. Noted. :)

Chris Senn

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I just emailed stephen because I got a demo Icon model.
His reply was pretty much seemed like this was his first time dealing with such an issue. Saying well demo phones should not be sold as retail. I will have to ask my team.
Figured he will have a more direct solution

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Did you try the issue above about turning your phone side ways in the update page?

I am surprised that Steve Elop still has a Nokia email address.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos