The 1520 and quick charge 2.0

isaiah07

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
I agree with Morpheus, I would like your thoughts on battery life for the 1520, as I'm currently discharging at approx 4.7% per hour... Would this seem correct with you guys?

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
If you're using the phone fairly often during the day, yes. Heavy usage can jump up to 9-10%. Idle should drop down to about 1% or lower.

At least that's what I have recorded for my battery data. :)

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
If you're using the phone fairly often during the day, yes. Heavy usage can jump up to 9-10%. Idle should drop down to about 1% or lower.

At least that's what I have recorded for my battery data. :)

same here.

Anyway the reason I asked this is because I was reading about the new HTC one and it talked about supporting the new quick charge 2.0 from Qualcomm but you have to buy a compatible charger as the one that comes boxed with the phone is only quick charge 1.0

Upon further searching I was reading that these 2.0 chargers are not suppose to be in market till 2014.

Seeing as our beloved 1520s were out in 2013 it made me wonder about our 1.5A chargers that came with our phones.

This link

http://www.nokia.com/global/products/accessory/ac-60/

Talks about the performance of 1.5A vs 1.3A (like what came with the 920) bit has no mention of Qualcomm's quick charge 2.0

Curious to purchase one of these HTC chargers when they come out if it will infact charge faster than our current charger will as it is stated you have to have a compatible charger to take advantage of the feature.

Sorry if I rambled , in a hurry to type this so I can leave for home lol

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I got my 1520 last Thursday and I have only charged it once so far but I only have 4 things updating in the background.

coolbreeze78

Nov 11, 2004
Visit site
So with the bevy of new quick charge 2.0 equipment, if I'm running 8.1 DP on my 1520, is it worth buying a 2.0 certified car charger? Will it work as quick charging is supposed to?

Jason De Castro

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I use my Note4 charger with my 1520 all the time and it charges so fast... like my note4.
I prefer it over the OG charger.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

aschettler

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I've not noticed a huge difference between the certified charger and regular chargers on my 1520 with the 8.1 DP. I'm guessing Denim will include the necessary driver tweaks for it to work. My Moto G (first Gen) does charge faster. For a certified charger, I recommend one released by pure.gear. They released one for the home and the car. The difference, also, is not in the amps pushed through the charger, but rather the voltage. Standard chargers push 5V whereas Quick Charge 2.0 chargers push 9V.

SimmerD0wn

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
I have a Tenergy charger with LED color differentiation if a Quick Charge 2.0-compatible device ramps up to a higher voltage. With my Icon (pre-denim obviously), I see no difference in charge time to a regular 2A charger, and the LED doesn't change color.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos