I love my 1520... BUT.... sometimes it has a life of its own (screen sensitivity?)

toraji

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
[video]https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=B7C46E8678EE4C45!23022&authkey=!AMkwjqWKGPx91_4&ithint=folder%2c[/video]

This link will show you 4 videos of how my 1520 acts

I bought my first 1520 (red, yellow was not in stock) on the day it came out and I LOVED this phone. After two weeks I had a pixel problem and a HUGE black line appeared on the left side of the screen from the top to the bottom. Called MS and exchanging this phone was no problem an now the yellow one was available so I ordered a yellow 1520 (kind of lucky because yellow was my favorite :). After a month of using this phone it started to stutter once in a while (with stutter I mean sudden close down of apps or random opening of apps and freezing after that). After I cleaned the screen that had a ZAGG screen protector the 1520 acted normal again so whenever the phone acted up I cleaned the screen and I could live with it but it started to be annoying because it happened more and more. I was sure it had to do with the ZAGG screen protector so I pulled it of. Unfortunately this did not help, I decided to wait for a firmware upgrade and last Wednesday it was finally there, I was sure this would solve my problem but it did not....

Is there anybody here who has this exact problem and if so is there a solution? I hate the idea of sending my phone back to Nokia for repair, this issue happens randomly and I can imagine it does not happen when the Nokia tech's look at it.....

Regards
t

Verkunder

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Mine does this exact same thing!

It started happening after the latest firmware update on AT&T. For what it's worth, mine is also yellow. Much like you've discovered, it happens randomly and the only way to make it stop is locking the screen a few times. I contacted Nokia Care on Twitter and they haven't heard anything about it.

I'm hesitant to send it to them--the last time I sent a phone to them, it took three weeks and the issues weren't fixed whatsoever. Guess I've got to live with it.

EDIT: After giving it a few more days, it's gotten worse. Time to use that Microsoft Insurance :(

Last edited:

toraji

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Verkunder,

I thought the same thing, maybe I should get used to it but when it happens it is SO freaking annoying I don't think I can........

I will; give the Microsoft store another try to see if they want to exchange it when I just buy a new one... I have not been lucky with my 1520's so maybe.....

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Funny... this same exact thing happened to me once right after I got my ZAGG screen protector installed. Hasn't happened since.

I hope I didn't just jinx myself.....

toraji

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Funny how things work,

This morning my 1520 started to behave real bad so I decided to give in and just send it to Nokia. Took of my Nillkin cover
Review - Nillkin Ultra Slim Case for the Nokia Lumia1520 | Windows Phone Central (bought all 4 colors btw :) and was looking for my original box, found the box and wanted to play with my 1520 a little more before sending it back and to my surprise my phone acted normal.

I have been fiddling around with my phone more then usual to see if I can trigger it's weird behavior but until now it has not acted anymore. I will leave the cover of for a few days before I try one of the different colors I have. I really hope this was the issue........

Keep you guys posted......

Leoni Van Leeuwen

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Same problem here with my red 1520! When I shake it a bit, it sounds like there is something loose inside is that the same with you guys? I also bought my phone in the first week when it just came out...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720