Camera severe distortion/noise after update

RMarr

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone, first time posting in the forums. I picked up my yellow Lumia 1520 yesterday, and spent an hour or so playing with it in flight mode. The camera worked just fine, taking videos and photos with little issue. I got it home, turned on WiFi and left it to download two or three software updates and all of my apps. When I next tried to use the camera, I was met by a horrible screeching noise from the lens and severe distortion and shake on screen.

I reset the phone to no avail. I hard reset and wiped everything, which didn't work either. I downloaded Nokia's recovery tool and let it recover the software -- that also failed to fix the problem. It happens in both Nokia's Camera app and the standard WP8 camera app. I've included a link to a short video I took, which demonstrates the sound and image problems.

Has anyone else had any experience with this, or should I just return the handset?

Video link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8mJo5johA2zN2dfQjJpbFdIb1RnVExOMmFlci0zalZaRFJZ/edit?usp=sharing

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720