I want to get a 1520

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Don't know if random speaker pop or volume.control issue is 1520 issue or across WP but other than those two its a great phone hope wp8.1 fixes all issues!!

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
First as a reply , for the question why im still keeping the phone , as clear from my threads what im suffering , Im a nokia fan since i got my first phone nokia 6600 , But here im having hard time with software , The device itself have its special features like screen , battery life also the camera and most of all i enjoy holding it , feel premium in hand not squishy and its special from where i am , since most dont buy nokia here , But not just that , i also have a note 3 so i dont have to give up on my 1520 , plus all my problems are common (factory defects ) why i should return .

But honestly getting this phone will make you have a world of your own if your friends uses ios or andriod , Its like using a blackberry but much better experience of course , So for some people software could be deadly but for me just using fb/tw , taking pictures ,listen to music and watching videos , its just a great device that you cant compete ..... but multi tasking , my managing and work , and social life on my note 3 , easier switching and multi tasking also faster charging , feel more practical but feels cheap actually since everyone around me have a samsung and all looks the same ....

P.S. touching sensitivity issue wasnt that annoying for me , Since the device running smooth , So it could open an app or so when you didnt mean it , But since you can close it easily without having lag issues i dont really mind .

Nah, I have no problem with WP. Prefer it to Android and iOS. Besides, the 8.1 update would soon be out and that would deal with a lot of the missing features on WP.
Thanks for your honest input

KSilcox

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I recently upgraded from a 1020 to a 1520 and after I got over the extra size of the 1520 am now quite enjoying the large screen.
I'm happy with my purchase.

NokiNoki

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
don't get 1520....
it has battery problems charge
6-7 hours charge
only lucky people get the fone without problems.. but i;m one of those that are not lucky :/

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
don't get 1520....
it has battery problems charge
6-7 hours charge
only lucky people get the fone without problems.. but i;m one of those that are not lucky :/

To be fair your problem with your battery is nothing to do with Nokia being bad. You have a cheap charger and it has messed up your battery and your blaming Nokia, that's like me putting water instead of oil in my car and blaming Land Rover for making a bad car.

I understand that your are p!ssed off with your phone but don't blame Nokia for something that is your own fault.

eskerrik

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I too wanted to grab a Lumia 1520 but then I saw people having the sensitivity issue on their 1520. Some said that issue was gone with updates but still, there are a lot of people who are having this issue not as frequently as before though. Just go to Nokia discussion forum and check out the sensitivity issue (swipe -> tap).
They tried everything like turning off the Glance, Double tap to wake feature, the auto-Brightness adjustment, etc, etc. I don't understand why they have to do theses things if those are the features that are supposed to work on Lumia 1520. They don't have to compromise when the problem is from Nokia's software or hardware(which I hope it's not true).
Well anyways, I'll wait until April 2nd for Nokia to reveal the Lumia 930 and then I'll make a decision. If they ship it in June or something (in Europe), I'll pass and stick to Lumia 1520.

Last edited:

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Had it two days now and love it, battery is not as good as expected

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

Anything is better than the battery life of my HTC Titan(yea, I know. Still rocking the WP7.x). If I can use it for more than half the day without worrying about charging it, I'm good to go

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo