battery issue after update

pedalboy2001

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I just did the update on software two days ago as it told me I had an update. Battery life was great as well as charging until then. Now even being on the charger overnight it only yields 50% on the battery and the battery is draining at a ridiculous rate when off the charger. This update has rendered my phone near useless. Anyone else having problems? Anyway I can go back to my old software that didn't have problems?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Soft reset should sort it.

Press and hold the power and volume down buttons together for about 20seconds. When you feel the phone buzz, let go and let the phone restart.

Whatever bojangles that was eating up your battery in the phone will be exorcised[SUP]*[/SUP].

[SUP]*[/SUP] Other demonic possessions are available. This may or may not resolve your issues. It won't hurt though.

pedalboy2001

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I did that and still no fix. It just lost 30% battery life in an hour off the charger and not even being used. That gives you an idea how bad it is. It all started after that software update, that's the only thing I can think of since I don't add many apps. Is there a hard re-boot I can do? I will try anything. This phone has been so darn good then all of a sudden new software and its a POS. Also when I go to type, the keyboard will pop up and go away, thus not allowing me to type anything in.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Where did you buy the phone, and are you using the original charger as supplied by Nokia or a third party charger?

If you get to the point where it is necessary, a hard reset is easy to perform. You just go into 'settings>about' and hit the 'reset your phone' button, which does wipe everything off the phone...but you should already have a backup as long as you've allowed the phone to back data up.

That said you could probably just try disabling all background apps and seeing if the issue still continues...but I'm more curious as to the source for the phone and if it's using a legit charger.

Some folks have come in here lately with a story similar to yours and it has turned out they were using non-original equipment and it was causing all sorts of havoc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99