Good substitute for Music & Videos app?

lancorp

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
I'm about to give up on the Music & Videos app on my 1520. I have my music and videos folder on the 1520 redirected to my SD card.
The problem I'm having is when I copy new music or movies to their respective folders on the SD card, the Music & Videos app does not see them.
I've killed the app, restarted it, but that doesn't work. I tried renaming a video file that it did see, and it still show the old title.

Is there a trick to getting the app to see/refresh the contents of the music and videos folder on the phone (SD card)?

OR, is there a better music and/or video app for playing music and movies? Separate apps are preferred as I don't think a music app is designed to be a video player, and vice versa.

Suggestions or help on the M&V app would be appreciated!

Thanks.

abhishake620

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Moliplayer plays everything, Look into it..... Further stock apps are the best.... Videos wont show up if not supported..... Music sometimes fails to show up if not synced properly.......try formatting card and copying all music in one go.....and with music too only supported files will show up ....FYI flac is not supported natively......best alternative is moliplayer, its a paid app...and also a free one with limited features is available .....hope it helps.....

lancorp

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Moliplayer plays everything, Look into it..... Further stock apps are the best.... Videos wont show up if not supported..... Music sometimes fails to show up if not synced properly.......try formatting card and copying all music in one go.....and with music too only supported files will show up ....FYI flac is not supported natively......best alternative is moliplayer, its a paid app...and also a free one with limited features is available .....hope it helps.....

The video is converted to the same format as the others, so I'm not sure why it wouldn't show up. As far as music goes, I connect my 1520 to my PC, and open the Windows Phone device, open SD Card, then open the Music folder and copy my non-DRM MP3's into the folder. I believe this is one of the ways that MS says to do it. The other, removing the SD card and putting it into a reader in my PC and directly copying the files to the card doesn't work either.

I know if I remove the SD card from my phone, and go into Music and Videos app, the music is still listed. Something doesn't update quickly I think...

I certainly shouldn't have to recopy my entire collection to the card every time I want to add a few songs. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for the recommendation for Moliplayer. I'll check it out.

lancorp

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
OK, I checked out Moliplayer. It does seem to pickup all my songs and all my videos, including the new video I added today, and it plays it fine. Music & Videos still doesn't show it.
Although Moliplayer works, it isn't very flexible on how it displays the media. Music is only by song name (no way to search by artist, etc.) and no album art at all so I probably won't stick with it.

But, it does show that my media is there and that something is wrong with Music and Video app (it seems).

tofurice

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I haven't really found one. But an app called "Listen" came pretty close. The down side is that with Listen you have to become a paid user to change its settings. So I am sticking to M&V for the moment

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans