Play next track without turning screen on?

tofurice

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I use the default Music & Video app to play mp3. Just wondering if there is any way I can forward to the next song with say a press of button or voice command? I honestly hate having to take the phone out of my pocket every time I want to change a song...:angry:

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I use the default Music & Video app to play mp3. Just wondering if there is any way I can forward to the next song with say a press of button or voice command? I honestly hate having to take the phone out of my pocket every time I want to change a song...:angry:
Why not use the standalone Xbox music app and make playlists, that way it'll be only songs you like! 😊 No need to forward.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

I know the Skullcandy Titans will do this. I have an older model, and I'm not sure if the new ones have volume control, but here's how my model works.

A single click is pause/play (and is how you answer and hang up of course since it's a headset). A double-click moves you forward a track, and a triple click moves you back a track.

Holding the button for a couple seconds brings up voice command.

Note: You may have issues with any Apple compatible/designed headsets since they have historically used a different pinout...and I'm not sure if that's still the case with current stuff being sold.

tofurice

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I know the Skullcandy Titans will do this. I have an older model, and I'm not sure if the new ones have volume control, but here's how my model works.

A single click is pause/play (and is how you answer and hang up of course since it's a headset). A double-click moves you forward a track, and a triple click moves you back a track.

Note: You may have issues with any Apple compatible/designed headsets since they have historically used a different pinout...and I'm not sure if that's still the case with current stuff being sold.

Legend! double click and triple click work like a gem! Thank you so much! And it might sound dumb but I had no idea that apple earpods work on lumia until I saw your reply! (The volume control buttons don't seem to work though)

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Legend! double click and triple click work like a gem! Thank you so much! And it might sound dumb but I had no idea that apple earpods work on lumia until I saw your reply! (The volume control buttons don't seem to work though)

Yup, that's the issue with the non-standard pinout I was mentioning. Some controls work and some don't...and it can vary oddly enough.

eskerrik

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Apple's new Earpods' control dosen't work with WP8 after Amber Update. Before I could use at least Play/Pause, Next/Previous controls. That means only the volume buttons wouldn't work. BUT after Amber Update on my Lumia 920 none of those buttons work.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Apple's new Earpods' control dosen't work with WP8 after Amber Update. Before I could use at least Play/Pause, Next/Previous controls. That means only the volume buttons wouldn't work. BUT after Amber Update on my Lumia 920 none of those buttons work.

Hence why I said that Apple gear tends to not be compatible due to different pinouts.

I feel like I'm on repeat play with about 20 different people today. :p

Shawn Magm

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site

Thx. Works like a charm on my Samsung Galaxy S3 OEM ear buds.

eskerrik

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Chill out. I wasn't asking something. I was sharing my experience with the Apple Earpods which you didn't know how it would work previously.
So relax.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte