I use the default Music & Video app to play mp3. Just wondering if there is any way I can forward to the next song with say a press of button or voice command? I honestly hate having to take the phone out of my pocket every time I want to change a song...
    03-29-2014 05:41 PM
    Yes, i want to know if there is a way too.
    03-29-2014 05:57 PM
    Double tab the headphone button for next song. Triple for previous one.
    tofurice likes this.
    03-29-2014 05:57 PM
    I use the default Music & Video app to play mp3. Just wondering if there is any way I can forward to the next song with say a press of button or voice command? I honestly hate having to take the phone out of my pocket every time I want to change a song...
    Why not use the standalone Xbox music app and make playlists, that way it'll be only songs you like! 😊 No need to forward.
    03-29-2014 06:00 PM
    Double tab the headphone button for next song. Triple for previous one.
    JulietPurcell likes this.
    03-29-2014 06:01 PM
    I know the Skullcandy Titans will do this. I have an older model, and I'm not sure if the new ones have volume control, but here's how my model works.

A single click is pause/play (and is how you answer and hang up of course since it's a headset). A double-click moves you forward a track, and a triple click moves you back a track.

Holding the button for a couple seconds brings up voice command.

Note: You may have issues with any Apple compatible/designed headsets since they have historically used a different pinout...and I'm not sure if that's still the case with current stuff being sold.
    03-29-2014 06:01 PM
    I know the Skullcandy Titans will do this. I have an older model, and I'm not sure if the new ones have volume control, but here's how my model works.

A single click is pause/play (and is how you answer and hang up of course since it's a headset). A double-click moves you forward a track, and a triple click moves you back a track.

Note: You may have issues with any Apple compatible/designed headsets since they have historically used a different pinout...and I'm not sure if that's still the case with current stuff being sold.
    Legend! double click and triple click work like a gem! Thank you so much! And it might sound dumb but I had no idea that apple earpods work on lumia until I saw your reply! (The volume control buttons don't seem to work though)
    Morpheus Phreak likes this.
    03-29-2014 10:06 PM
    Legend! double click and triple click work like a gem! Thank you so much! And it might sound dumb but I had no idea that apple earpods work on lumia until I saw your reply! (The volume control buttons don't seem to work though)
    Yup, that's the issue with the non-standard pinout I was mentioning. Some controls work and some don't...and it can vary oddly enough.
    03-29-2014 10:09 PM
    Apple's new Earpods' control dosen't work with WP8 after Amber Update. Before I could use at least Play/Pause, Next/Previous controls. That means only the volume buttons wouldn't work. BUT after Amber Update on my Lumia 920 none of those buttons work.
    Zihad al amin likes this.
    03-30-2014 08:58 PM
    Apple's new Earpods' control dosen't work with WP8 after Amber Update. Before I could use at least Play/Pause, Next/Previous controls. That means only the volume buttons wouldn't work. BUT after Amber Update on my Lumia 920 none of those buttons work.
    Hence why I said that Apple gear tends to not be compatible due to different pinouts.

I feel like I'm on repeat play with about 20 different people today. :P
    03-31-2014 12:50 AM

Thx. Works like a charm on my Samsung Galaxy S3 OEM ear buds.
    Morpheus Phreak likes this.
    04-01-2014 07:47 PM
    No problem. Glad it worked. :)
    04-01-2014 07:49 PM
    Chill out. I wasn't asking something. I was sharing my experience with the Apple Earpods which you didn't know how it would work previously.
    So relax.
    04-04-2014 07:52 AM