04-24-2014 12:37 PM
32 12
tools
    I don't think it's accurate to say "the 1320 is substantially less likely to have issues than the 1520". The 1520 has small issues that only affect a small number of devices and the forums reflect that. There's no reason to think the 1320 is going to be any different, for better or worse. It really feels like you're just searching for reasons to put down the 1520 because of its "high" price, which actually isn't any higher than an Android or iOS flagship, and in some cases is cheaper (ie compared to the Sony Z2).

Posted via the WPC App
    04-04-2014 03:48 PM
    The 1520 has small issues that only affect a small number of devices and the forums reflect that.
    A small number of devices? As far as I can tell, ALL devices have the oversensitivity issue? I've had my 1520 for some time now and while I love it the sensitivity is a big pain in the arse. At the last Build session I attended yesterday I was lucky enough to win another 1520, and this too has the exact same issue. My old device has gotten better over time thru updates, but it's still far from perfect and I'm starting to think this is a hardware issue.
    04-04-2014 03:59 PM
    A small number of devices? As far as I can tell, ALL devices have the oversensitivity issue? I've had my 1520 for some time now and while I love it the sensitivity is a big pain in the arse. At the last Build session I attended yesterday I was lucky enough to win another 1520, and this too has the exact same issue. My old device has gotten better over time thru updates, but it's still far from perfect and I'm starting to think this is a hardware issue.
    How often is it happening for you approximately? I am in the same position as OP - interested in the phone, but concerned about this screen sensitivity issue.
    04-05-2014 03:41 PM
    How often is it happening for you approximately? I am in the same position as OP - interested in the phone, but concerned about this screen sensitivity issue.
    It depends. Take this past week for example, I arrived in SF the Friday before Build and did not experience a sensitivity issue until the third day or the conference. On the downside, it happened throughout that entire day and was driving me nuts. Today it's been mostly fine again, apart from a couple times during lunch.

It happens enough to be an issue, but not enough for me to give up the phone. Partly because any other phone feels like a toy after having gotten used to a 1520.
    04-05-2014 09:57 PM
    I got a new L1520 about 7 days ago (wanted a yellow instead of a white)... I ALWAYS do a hardreset at the beginning. In the past it has proven to be very stable after that. So I first downloaded preview for developers, installed all new updates including firmware and then did a hardreset. It has been 7 days now and till now I haven't had a single touchscreen problem, I had a few with every WP8 device I owned after installing updates (HTC 8X, L1520, L1020). Mabye a hardreset after installing the latest updates wouldn't be a bad idea sometimes (will hardreset after installing WP8.1).

My problem here in GER is bad 3G reception out of metropolitan areas. 2G and 4G is fine though. And it happened a few times that after a call the device wouldn't end the call for perhaps 30 seconds... Software problems I guess.

But besides the bad 3G reception compared to others I'm so happy with my (yellow) 1520. It feels amazing, it looks amazing, it's very fast... a standout compared to others (esp. Samsung devices).
    04-06-2014 05:03 AM
    I've used my 1520.3 for 2 days now and haven't had one touch screen sensitivity issue. No misinterpreted swipes or anything in about 15 hours of constant use. Extremely pleased to have this great functionality without even needing to find a workaround or disable any features.
    04-24-2014 10:56 AM
    I've used my 1520.3 for 2 days now and haven't had one touch screen sensitivity issue. No misinterpreted swipes or anything in about 15 hours of constant use. Extremely pleased to have this great functionality without even needing to find a workaround or disable any features.
    Good to hear. Can you tell us if you got yours from Newegg or Negri, and what color? Thanks.
    04-24-2014 12:37 PM
32 12