So I won't bore you with the details (plus, I'm on a phone, so I don't feel like typing that much :p) but my 1520's screen shattered and I was wondering if someone knew of a reputable place to buy a new screen and a guide to fix it.

Thanks.
    03-31-2014 09:31 PM
    03-31-2014 11:14 PM
    I notice you're on AT&T. If you have the insurance you can just do a claim and they'll send you a replacement phone and you can run the restore on it.

If not I'll let others step in and point you in the right direction as I haven't done enough research on 1520 parts to have an opinion that I would consider valid.

I do know on the iFixit site mentioned above that they do have a service guide, but I don't know exactly how well it would apply to the RM-940 since they are a slightly different model:
    Nokia Lumia 1520 Repair - iFixit
    03-31-2014 11:15 PM
    Most local repair shops should be fine, but they will charge you anywhere from 300-400 dollars.

Try Palco. 200 dollars, and they are actually the people recommended by Nokia.
    Palco Repair Center

Hello –

The repair charge for the Lumia 1520 screen replacement is $199 plus shipping/handling. Shipping is $10 uninsured shipping (USPS) or $20 insured shipping (FedEx). If for any reason they cannot repair the unit – it will be returned unrepaired and you will only be charged the $15 diagnostic fee plus shipping/handling. The repair is warrantied for 90 days.

Repair time is 5 days upon receipt of unit-depending on parts availability. You may use the PayPal link on our website – Palco Repair Center or include payment with your phone. If we receive the unit and there is no payment on file – we will email the quote to you. At that time you can use MasterCard or Visa. Please insure you include your email address for quicker processing and/or PayPal confirmation. Also please include a note stating what you want repaired on the phone or what problems you are having.

Please note – the only screens we have available are logoed with AT&T. We are unable to get the non logoed screens.

If you refer to our website on the home page – it will give you instructions to ship the unit in.

Thank you for the opportunity to quote your repair.
    04-01-2014 12:40 AM