Nokia Lumia 1520 - Is it future-proof ?

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
With snapdragon 800, it's future proof of at least a year. But it also depends on what Nokia shows tomorrow (today).

akthelonelyman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft does not think\work like android , they do distribute os updates if they can optimize for the hardware , if they found that device is not able to run\handle the os they might cancel the update (good eg windows phone 7 users weren't able to update to windows phone 8 due to change in core and kernel so they don't want 7.x users to be disappointed , they gave them a small update 7.8 which enables new lives tiles customization , daily Bing wallpaper) , luck here to get updates after 2 years (Lumia 920 user here ) :smile:

is Samsung galaxy s3 getting the latest kitkat update , why are they taking ages to bring the update :p

hey not an android supporter here. Infact this is my first smartphone and only smart device I had was an ipad .
Only thing I was saying is its easy for these companies to change their word which we can hope microsoft wont do.for me its not out of realms of possibility just that microsoft is less likely to do it than android.
Also can we guarentee atleast next 3 major update for my 1520?8.1(yes),and after that? My ipad2 started at 4.3 now its on 7.1(5,6,7). Thats why I say even if its a flagship its upto the company.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
hey not an android supporter here. Infact this is my first smartphone and only smart device I had was an ipad .
Only thing I was saying is its easy for these companies to change their word which we can hope microsoft wont do.for me its not out of realms of possibility just that microsoft is less likely to do it than android.
Also can we guarentee atleast next 3 major update for my 1520?8.1(yes),and after that? My ipad2 started at 4.3 now its on 7.1(5,6,7). Thats why I say even if its a flagship its upto the company.

I can tell you that it's outside the ream of possibility for them to drop the support they've already promised. That's just not how folks I know roll. ;)

Last edited:

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
It can. It's the same exact phone as the 1520 minus the case change and screen size. Sometimes carriers however request that certain features be disabled.

The OEM's have no choice but to acquiesce or not have their device sold by that carrier.

So does this mean that the 930 will have it?

lsoneboy333

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I would think since Nokia has been pretty good about bring updates to the phone and cellular company's although to the game should bring the updates to the phones as long as there is anything they don't like about the update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss